FSJ Snorkel wanted...

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
If you go the fabrication route, take a look at how the snorkels are set up on the mil spec Galendewagens. It took a while to get used to the looks of it but now that I'm used to it I think it might be a good way to fab a home made snorkel. Ease of construction and all that.

I have some eliptical 2"x 6" tube that might look good turned into a snorkel
. I might have to split it and make it a tad wider so the LS1can breath. Ill have to give that some thought...:ylsmoke:

Last edited:

alosix

Expedition Leader
Also, if going the fab route, don't forget that M715s had a deep water fording kit. Had both a snorkel and an exhaust setup.

The front fenders/engine compartment is the same as the FSJ, the only issue you would have would be the windshield as they stand straight up on a 715.

Jason

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Also, if going the fab route, don't forget that M715s had a deep water fording kit. Had both a snorkel and an exhaust setup.

The front fenders/engine compartment is the same as the FSJ, the only issue you would have would be the windshield as they stand straight up on a 715.

Jason

that is a great suggestion. [smacks forehead] didn't even think of that.

Can anyone post up a pic of a snorkel'd m715 just so I can drool over it?

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
Ok Iwent over there and snooped around for a bit... Is this the one your thinking of? This looks like it would be dooable. It will be twice the diameter though.

Attachments

• IMG_2131.jpg
    IMG_2131.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 64

alosix

Expedition Leader
Yup, that be it.

I'd imagine with a pick like that, your truck, and a quick trip to an exhaust shop with a bender you'd have something decent.

Then find an H1 snorkel hat to throw on the top to keep the rain out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman