FWC Hawk Slide-In Help

JCliftonB

Last week I drove from Alabama to N. Kentucky to purchase my new 2016 FWC Hawk. Yes, its new but never used from 2016! I picked it up with my new-to-me truck that will be dedicated to this camper by backing onto a steep retaining wall with little room for error.

IMG_0029.gif

I got the camper home and backed it into my garage and built a cart so that I could open the camper in the garage for working on it and for loading before a trip.

IMG_0031.gif
IMG_0037.gif

Now that I have the camper safe and sound in the garage, I have a lot of questions. The previous owner never used the camper so he was not able to help answer much.

IMG_0042.gif

First, what are these holes for?

IMG_0043.gif

JCliftonB

Next question: I have a 7-pin connector in my bed for a fifth-wheel camper, and have done the research that the 7-pin trailer connector can run the FWC with an adapter.

That being said, how do I wire a male 7-pin connector to this? I am handy with the actual hands-on wiring, but not so much with the schematics part of the process.

IMG_0046.JPG

JCliftonB

Can someone with that knowledge advise if this rudimentary diagram is correct?

All I am attempting to do is replace the battery with a lithium battery and the Iota charger with a Victron Smart Charger IP22.

Apologies for beating a dead horse here. I have talked to a lot of different electrical shops over the last 24hrs that tell the IP22 will work, but none are familiar specifically with FWC setups.

IMG_0060.gif

JCliftonB

I believe I have the electrical conundrum figured out.

I ordered both the Victron Smart Charger IP22 and the Progressive Dynamics PD9130LV. I will swap one of those units in once I get them both and figure out which will work best for me.

Here are some current interior shots:

IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

Digging into the electrical has proven more tricky than anticipated as the cabinetry in these campers is very well designed and built. I have removed all of the screws holding on the bottom face of the cabinet and yet I still cannot get the face off of the cabinet.

This is about as far as I can get it to pull away from the cabinet:

IMG_0068.JPG

I may just cut this section off from the rest of the cabinet so that I can more easily access this area in the future. I can easily hide the seam I create in the two pieces to ensure it still looks factory.

FAW3

Adventurer
I have same model/year, but no toilet.

The typical truck to camper wiring installation for a FWC can be found on YouTube. FWC has several videos that will walk you through your various systems. Also the owners manual can be downloaded from the FWC website.

That camper wiring cable is: White +; black -; green is camper running lights.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears