German 98 Blazer build

Managed to get home for a few hours and couldn`t resist to snap pics of the tires:

dscf2515sub7.jpg

dscf2517tn9s.jpg

dscf2518k5a3.jpg

dscf25193urk.jpg

As you can see they`re a good bit bigger than my Mickey Thompsons, althought they should be the same size...

This is another reverse light I got. I`m planning on mounting it on the swingout, but I didn`t figure out where for now. Any suggestions?

dscf2516knzo.jpg

Got those tires measured, they`re almost 32" tall... :icon_eek:

Oh, and yes they`re mounted:

dscf2641gh88.jpg

dscf2642tc3g.jpg

dscf2643bf9o.jpg

dscf2646eg18.jpg

Had to cut a lot of the flares, and there`s still rubbing. But it should go with the bodylift...

Those tires are incredible. It`s almost impossible to get them spinning, even in 2WD. And yes, they`re really loud... :icon_bike:

blaz

Adventurer
Awesome.:clapsmile The body lift does help a bit but the tires will still rub the frame a full turn.

Oh, thanks for the pics. :drool:

Lancer

Observer
We get those tyres here(under the Simex brand) - what are they like on the road? Terrific work though mate - I only wish I had your skill, I'm rubbish at that sort of work! Regarding the jerrycans on the rear swing-out - can you lock them on?

Looking forward to see how you develope it.

Awesome.:clapsmile The body lift does help a bit but the tires will still rub the frame a full turn.

I`ll wait until the lift is installed. Maybe I can go with some spacers then, so there`s a little bit more room towards the frame. But as it is now there`s no rubbing at normal and no hardcore offroad driving...

We get those tyres here(under the Simex brand) - what are they like on the road? Terrific work though mate - I only wish I had your skill, I'm rubbish at that sort of work! Regarding the jerrycans on the rear swing-out - can you lock them on?

The tires are loud, but it`s not a bothersome noise. When you drive at very low speeds you can feel the threads. But it`s ok, compared to they`re offroad abilities...

The jerrycan carrier is lockable. I can attach a lock to the bar that goes above the cans...

Put a new thermostat and aircleaner in for the upcoming trip. Also bought a new 10m 5t recovery strap and an airjack...

Really looking forward to the trip. I want to see how the Blazer does in the deep snow...

Had a gas strut laying around, so I thought why not use it?

img_0055fyer.jpg

img_00575aqz.jpg

img_0059iash.jpg

The locking mechanism:

img_0058tym4.jpg

Yes I know, there`s rust everywhere. I just can`t paint it right at those cold temperatures. I`ll sandblast and paint it right next year when it`s warmer. Those wires will go in the inside of the tubes...

Fender trimming:

img_00604y63.jpg

img_0061oa3g.jpg

img_0062jzqq.jpg

There`s still a lot of rubbing when I`m offroading, but I`ll wait until the bodylift is installed. Then I`ll see what I have to remove...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Those new tires look great on the Blazer! I cant wait to see the truck with the lift installed. Wicked!:wings:

blaz

Adventurer
We need a large picture of the whole blazer in the snow on your next trip! Mods are looking GOOD. :drool:

Here`s a picture of her, from sitting in my front yard today:

dscf26578at3.jpg

I`ll leave on tuesday morning for a 4 week trip in the austrian mountains. There should be plenty of snow. Hope I`ll make a few trails, so I can reach my house there...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
That is a wicked pic Steinbruch! We have lots of new snow here in Denmark too. Some places the snow has become 3 meter high drifts, from a start of half a meter snow. I look forward to seeing pics of your Austrian tour. Sounds like fun!:victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior