German 98 Blazer build

This damn foam didn`t dry yesterday because it was so cold. So I let the car outside this night and this morning it was dried.

This is how it looked like:

img_00800cgf.jpg

img_0081aeoh.jpg

Cut and sanded in form:

img_0082deou.jpg

Fibreglas:

img_0083zhnp.jpg

First layer finished:

img_0084hejp.jpg

I`ve sent you a mail chilliwak, not sure if you got it...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks Stein, I got your email. Also, I have to say that you have some wicked talents as a fabricator. The whole idea of building a snorkel like that really requires imagination and a certain amount of know-how. Keep the forum cool with your pics and good luck on your project!:wings:

Thanks. I`ve been into model rocketry, we used similar techniques there...

The snorkel is almost finished. Don`t look at the paint, it`ll be bedlinered when it`s getting warmer...

img_7793iayp.jpg

img_7795593n.jpg

img_7796lbai.jpg

img_77976xob.jpg

Not sure if i like it, though...

TKSC01

Adventurer
Rock on stein!

I love the inginuity! (if that is spelled right) THis truck is awesome, I had the pleasure of visiting your amazing country on business a few years ago and found the people to be wonderful and the scenery amazing!

Thanks guys.

Today I got it finished (for now...):

The right weather for working outside. It did start snowing btw...

img_77980od5.jpg

First I removed the tube from the fiberglas part, because I wanted only one flexible tube and no connector:

img_7801oo1a.jpg

Then I removed the airbox with my old snorkel alike thing:

img_7803xtti.jpg

I put a plate on that hole and put a new connector on:

img_7804xr5v.jpg

Then I started cutting:

img_7805xoun.jpg

The finished hole:

img_78076rfo.jpg

img_7808bo2j.jpg

Connected to the airbox:

img_7809lqs2.jpg

Finished:

img_7810vp8z.jpg

img_7813kpay.jpg

img_7815hogu.jpg

It`ll be bedlinered when it`s warmer...

The truck sounds great with the snorkel on, better than a open intake...

Now I just have to find a place for my washer bottle. Any suggestions?

Good news, my 3" bodylift should show up next week or so. When it`s on I can finally start the next projects:
-rock sliders
-onboard air
-custom steel bumpers (not sure about that now)

Also considering a SOA mod...

805gregg

Adventurer
Nice work, too bad you get so much snow over there, you could get even more great mods done. Keep us updated, I always liked those Blazers.

Bought some air shocks today. I get them from the USA, shipping is more expensive than the shocks... :icon_doh:

!CBrEs0QBWk~$(KGrHqUOKpIE0VM4LTqYBNIm)wF6Rw~~_3.JPG

They have around 10" of stroke, that`s the same a 2" lifted ZR2 requires... :icon_razz:

When my on board air is finished I`ll plumb them to a in cab controller, so I can adjust ride height...

What do you guys think about those rear bumper styles, maybe I`ll do one like that...

This without the quarter panels:

6267352emh.jpg

This with them:

6267354wkp.jpg

I`m also on the hunt for a set of front doors to do some half doors...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I like picture #2 because it has room for both a spare tire and the Jerry can fuel set-up. Also, i can not wait to see pics of your air shock install. The departure line of your Blazer will probably not need too much protection due to the fact that there is almost no bodywork to protect. This being so, it is up to you if you think you need the extra protection. Otherwise, please keep us posted with pics of your awesome build! :victory:

I`ll have to see what it looks like with the body lift installed. Maybe it`s to high without the quarter panels...

Also got a nice package today:

img_7831lsnd.jpg

It contains:
-3" body lift kit
-diff cover
-blend door actuator
-washer pump
-rear wiper motor

img_7832mpb8.jpg

I want to say thanks to Chris, aka old skool luvr from blazerforum who collected those parts and sent them to me. He`s a great guy to deal with! Thank you Chris :icon_beerchug:

Now I`m going to get those parts in. It`s supposed to be good weather the next days, so I`ll hopefully get it in without snow...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12