Gitout.com - Ultimate Expedition Build - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited

montypower

Adventure Time!
Ordered a new OEM gas tank with fuel pump and sender unit. Replaced my seriously dented tank (lost about 6 gallons capacity). Then had my buddy fabricate a skid. Now, both driveshafts are fully protected. Skids are fantastic for sliding over logs. Still have the factory muffler which is slightly "clearanced" by rocks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

montypower

Adventure Time!
Just got back from 1,400 mile expedition through the Oregon Back Country Route, Steens Mountain, 4 hot springs, Alvord Desert. About 700 miles was off road on some incredible, rough tracks. Made a route through the desert which was fun...

Will be out on trips every week for the next couple months. May run the WBCR in July. Also, looking to do the TAT from Oregon into Colorado and loop back; will spend some time in Moab too.

Installed the National Luna Fridge with freezer compartment. Nothing like eating ice cream in the desert!

Last trip pics here: http://gitout.com/showthread.php?2084-OBDR-route2-Steens-Mtn-Alvord-desert-hot-springs-trip

vanatee2000

Observer
I was having trouble too, but realized I could only upload 1 at a time and the text that says upload on the dialog box is what you click..it never activates as a button. Or imgur is painless

montypower

Adventure Time!
I'm likely going to be selling the Montero. Feel free to message me if you want a reliable, capable rig. Last week I took a 1,800 mile tour of Washington Backcountry and Canada. Got the top mileage on the return trip fully loaded... 21mpg!

Probably sell around $18k. I'll itemize the parts. Guessing it will be in the $20-25k range. Just rolled over 108k miles.

jhill15

Explorer
I'm likely going to be selling the Montero. Feel free to message me if you want a reliable, capable rig. Last week I took a 1,800 mile tour of Washington Backcountry and Canada. Got the top mileage on the return trip fully loaded... 21mpg!

Probably sell around $18k. I'll itemize the parts. Guessing it will be in the $20-25k range. Just rolled over 108k miles.
Montypower, just curious as to why you are selling your rig? I am also selling mine. I love the montero but...I just love the feel of a nissan alot better, plus the aftermarket and online support are more available for nissans. So I am going back, and looking at a 2005 xterra "manual" offroad edition with a rear axle lock. Hopefully I can sell this rig soon so I can nab it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
Planning to sell my car and the Montero and go down to 1 vehicle. Less parking space...
Gotcha, well you most certainly have one of the sweetest monteros out there, so I don't think you will have any trouble finding a buyer! Good luck with the sell man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

montypower

Adventure Time!
Just rolled over 20k miles of ownership. Monte has been a champ.

Still enjoying the Ko2 tires. On road driving is fantastic. Hit the best MPG driving to Evan's Creek - 23mpg. Previous best with these tires was 21mpg coming down from Canada. The tires had no issues at Evan's Creek (driving all the trails - youtube it) and Naches Trail. Great traction so far.

The Viper

Adventurer
WOW that is awesome gas mileage!

I remember doing Naches with you and Jason W...you had that red montero sport. Heres a blast from the past...

35349y8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears