Glad I found this site!

Superu

Explorer
Thanks

The twin Lightforce 170's are mounted on a Carr's Lightwing that is secured by a 6 inch lag screw into the bumper and two smaller screws into the bumper cover and insulation underneath.

The 240 XGT is bolted straight into the bumper.

As you can see from other pics, I have no problem with cutting or drilling holes into my car. Resale value is not a consideration as I'll keep this one for quite a while and if I sell it it'll go to someone who appreciates it.:)

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Sweet, do you have any vibration issues witht the lights mounted that way?

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
That is a very cool Subaru! Nice job!

Superu said:
As you can see from other pics, I have no problem with cutting or drilling holes into my car. Resale value is not a consideration as I'll keep this one for quite a while and if I sell it it'll go to someone who appreciates it.:)

My kind of guy :) Welcome to ExPo!

The rear light sounds pretty nice. It looks like it may be a marine unit?

overlander

Expedition Leader
Stop the conversation right now!:gunt:

I need immediate details on the solar powered fan before we can continue. Brand, Product number, retailer, price. That is what the h*LL I'm talking about! I'm ready to drill 2 holes in my roof right this minute!:Mechanic:

Incusus

Adventurer
overlander said:
Stop the conversation right now!:gunt:

I need immediate details on the solar powered fan before we can continue. Brand, Product number, retailer, price. That is what the h*LL I'm talking about! I'm ready to drill 2 holes in my roof right this minute!:Mechanic:

Google for the win!

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6880|45749|320600&id=49433

Superu

Explorer
West Marine runs sales that have it as low as $99

No cheap, but better than most other prices out there!:)

Incusus

Adventurer
about your Lightwing... I'm looking att those now as an option for mounting lights. a few questions, if you could....

-do your lights vibrate/jiggle?
-is the wing straight, or does it have any curve to match the car? I'm trying to keep lights from sticking out past the bumper to minimize damage.

-do you like it? recomend it?

thanks in advance, I've always loved your subie :victory:

Superu

Explorer
The lightwing has since been replaced as it broke after being dropped while removing it a while back. It was pretty stable on most road surfaces, but there was some vibration on really rough roads. The wing is straight across.

IMG00136.jpg

It's made of white metal and is pretty strong but not made for being dropped at a bad angle onto asphalt! :(

The attached pic should give you an idea of how far out the lights are from the bumper. Depending on what type of lights you use and the shape of your bumper, you may be able to get them back a bit but they'll still be in front of your bumper.

My Lightforce Striker 170's are mounted to the lower part of the grill with Surco light tabs that I had on my rack.

P7134271.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior