GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

straker101

Observer
I don't know about a dedicated tire thread for the AWD van but I shared what i'm using in _this post at my build thread_

With the ~3" lift I am running common stock-for GM trucks 265/70/r17 on 17x9 rims with a -12mm offset.

vanwheelstires.jpg

: ) Thom

Do you have aftermarket fender flares? Just curious as I've been looking around for something that will work on my build. I also have a -12 offset and am firing mud and dirt all over the sides of the van!!

Accrete

Explorer
Do you have aftermarket fender flares?..am firing mud and dirt all over the sides of the van!!

Greetings, As seen in this full on view of our rig we have a stock body (no flares) and have a Rhino Liner treatment of the fender areas and rocker panels. We do see some dirt slinging but it is manageable for us, and the RL does take care of a lot of it in an esthetics point of view.

It cost us about $750 to have the RL put on by Vancouver Rhino Lining. Some of the best buck for bling on the van IMO.

accreteChevyAWDcurrent.jpg

: ) Thom

North

Observer
Question for those who have mounted things to the floor of an Express:

How did you drill/mount your items? I'd like to mount L-track down the center of my van, and potentially add a seat. Of course, practically the entire underbody of the van is covered with a heat shield. Is there a clever way to get access to the space between the heat shield and the bottom of the body? I might do rivnuts for the L track, but a seat would need bracing, which would require some level of access to install.

86cj

Explorer
Does anyone know how much lift the 3710lbs (22-1175) springs give?

Just stop by the local dealer and measure the height of a new van, they don't have a new 1/2 ton though. If your tires are 265's remember they will have 245's so adjust your numbers when you figure, you only get half the lift of the tire diameter increase and "1/2 of the axle tube diameter increase to get technical"..:ylsmoke::ylsmoke::ylsmoke:.

There was a thread on here about used 3/4 or 1 ton van springs on a heavy 1/2 ton AWD Van but he estimated the lift at 3-4", but did not measure.

4Fox

Observer
Here's a random question - passenger vans - the seat belt plastic retainer clips that hold the rear shoulder belts so they don't swing around when the benches are out -- has anyone been able to find any to purchase? My dealer couldn't figure out a part number for them. My van is missing 3 of them. I'm thinking a junkyard run may be my best bet.

I have one missing and used my wife's Barrette that she had left in the van. worked great. Another option I considered was one of those paper binder clips

xoblaim

Observer
How many miles are too many? I am looking at 2005 Savana AWD cargo with 196k miles tonight and I don't want to over pay for a money pit.

Choff

Adventurer
How many miles are too many? I am looking at 2005 Savana AWD cargo with 196k miles tonight and I don't want to over pay for a money pit.

We have a 2005 AWD SAVANA CONVERSION WITH 166,000 AND RUNNING STRONG
DEPENDS ON ITS PREVIOUS OWNER ??? AND PRICE

Oregonic

Question on Seats...

I'm trying to find more info about the rear seats on the Express/Savana platform. Have the seat brackets or rail spacing changed over the years?

I recently purchased a 2007 Express Passenger Van, and I'm looking all over the universe for a reclining rear conversion bench (I know, me and everyone else) that I can, hopefully, drop right in.

Does anyone know first-hand if say, a reclining bench or bed assembly from a late 90's Express Conversion will bolt into a 2007? Did the rear seat/rail/attachment specs change over the years, or are they interchangeable? There are a few options within a 3-4 hr drive, but before I head out, I thought I'd seek some advice from the collective.

Thanks all, for any info you can provide.

86cj

Explorer
Floor Rails 1500.jpg2013 1500 Floor Rail.jpg
I'm trying to find more info about the rear seats on the Express/Savana platform. Have the seat brackets or rail spacing changed over the years?

I recently purchased a 2007 Express Passenger Van, and I'm looking all over the universe for a reclining rear conversion bench (I know, me and everyone else) that I can, hopefully, drop right in.

Does anyone know first-hand if say, a reclining bench or bed assembly from a late 90's Express Conversion will bolt into a 2007? Did the rear seat/rail/attachment specs change over the years, or are they interchangeable? There are a few options within a 3-4 hr drive, but before I head out, I thought I'd seek some advice from the collective.

Thanks all, for any info you can provide.

The factory seat mounts have changed over the years, 2003 brought a bunch of model changes and later some passenger safety rules changed some seat and driver side door availability.

Here are the only pic's I have saved of a GM Van floor......My 2013 passenger van and what I think is a 2004 Factory LT Conversion Van interior option van, obviously bolted to a Kodiak chassis, they do share the doors Etc...

I don't know anything about the big van but did save the pic's when I saw it for sale, great for getting some ideas though.........

Attachments

• 2004GmcVan61.jpg
    2004GmcVan61.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 2004GmcVan51.jpg
    2004GmcVan51.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 2004GmcVan3.jpg
    2004GmcVan3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 2004GmcVan20.jpg
    2004GmcVan20.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 2004GmcVan4.jpg
    2004GmcVan4.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 145

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Wow, thats a crazy conversion. Very cool.

Must have cost a fortune.

I saw some good deals on brand new 4x4 kodiaks with the pre-DPF duramax back a few years ago. Like cheaper than a normal full size duramax truck. But they are just too big.
View attachment 371974View attachment 371976

The factory seat mounts have changed over the years, 2003 brought a bunch of model changes and later some passenger safety rules changed some seat and driver side door availability.

Here are the only pic's I have saved of a GM Van floor......My 2013 passenger van and what I think is a 2004 Factory LT Conversion Van interior option van, obviously bolted to a Kodiak chassis, they do share the doors Etc...

I don't know anything about the big van but did save the pic's when I saw it for sale, great for getting some ideas though.........

dleeallen

Adventurer
I must have missed it along the way but what are you guys doing about the speedo when adding bigger tires? Can you recalibrate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger