Goal Zero Yeti 400 VS KaliPAK 601

Kalisaya Power

Supporting Sponsor
Camping and Overland Season is just around the corner!

The KaliPAK most frequently gets compared directly with Goal Zero Yeti products. To make the decision easier for you, I created a compare and contrast graph on all the product features that will help you optimize your power and portable needs.

Would love to hear from you which features you think are most important!

May The Power Be With You™

Expedition, compare Goal zero.jpg

Attachments

• Expedition, compare Goal zero.pdf
    47.3 KB · Views: 15

Kalisaya Power

Supporting Sponsor
Goal zero 400 Lithium is a nice piece of equipment. It does NOT include a solar panel at that price, nor does it have a bluetooth transmitter to enable a SMART energy user.

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
For the $100 difference in price you could buy a 100watt solar panel for the yeti

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

e60ral

Goal zero 400 Lithium is a nice piece of equipment. It does NOT include a solar panel at that price, nor does it have a bluetooth transmitter to enable a SMART energy user.
I can't find any user reviews, I'd be happy to review your product

Steve F

Adventurer
38ah/33ah sounds pretty low (20ah usable at most with 15hr recharge time?) Not trying to stir things up but what can you do with that? Won't run a fridge for very long, just run a few LED lights and charge devices? Seems a huge amount of money for what they can do....

Cheers
Steve

Kalisaya Power

Supporting Sponsor
@Steve

You are right, it will not run your traditional household fridge, but it will power your portable fridge/freezer i.e ARB, Dometic, Whynter ( just make sure fridge is on low power mode).

The key feature is its portability. The KaliPAK specializes in powering cellphones, lights, laptops, HAM radions, cameras and other key essentials that accompany you on your adventures. We want to make sure you have a reliable power source for your everyday electronic devices.

Thanks
Bob

moabian

We have over 20 5 Star reviews on Amazon and Kalisayapower.com.

We would love for you to review. Please private message me if your interested.

Thanks
Bob

Only 2 of those reviews are from verified purchasers who actually bought the product on Amazon...and each of those reviews is 10 words or less. All of the unverified reviews are rather verbose...which seems a bit suspicious. I would never buy your product for several reasons. First, you tried to hijack another sponsor's thread. Second, your practice of posting numerous sub-threads is annoying and absurd...like I'm going to spend the ridiculous amount of money for your product because I'm afraid my camera battery might run low (additional batteries are much, much cheaper and I can usually charge them from the vehicle). Third, you repeatedly criticize your competitors. Fourth, I've owned an ArkPak for well over a year and have been very happy with it. With the battery I chose, it does a great job of powering my ARB for much longer than your product ever could.

Last edited:

Steve F

Adventurer
@Steve

You are right, it will not run your traditional household fridge, but it will power your portable fridge/freezer i.e ARB, Dometic, Whynter ( just make sure fridge is on low power mode).

The key feature is its portability. The KaliPAK specializes in powering cellphones, lights, laptops, HAM radions, cameras and other key essentials that accompany you on your adventures. We want to make sure you have a reliable power source for your everyday electronic devices.

Thanks
Bob

I was referring to a compressor fridge like the Waeco/Engel/ARB firdges. Regardless I don't see 38AH running one for that long, even overnight would be pushing it (10 hrs) and then a long recharge time from solar so probably no good for the second night. Very nice but I just don't understand the need for them unless it is to recharge portable devices only and it's a lot of cash to do that.

Cheers
Steve

moabian

I was referring to a compressor fridge like the Waeco/Engel/ARB firdges. Regardless I don't see 38AH running one for that long, even overnight would be pushing it (10 hrs) and then a long recharge time from solar so probably no good for the second night. Very nice but I just don't understand the need for them unless it is to recharge portable devices only and it's a lot of cash to do that.

Cheers
Steve

You're right. About the only thing the expensive Kalisaya seems to be good for is charging portable devices like cell phones. It's overkill for that and inadequate for running anything like a fridge. I've been using an ArkPak with an Odyssey battery for more than a year to power my 63-qt ARB and it has worked great...but the battery is heavy. I recharge it when the vehicle is running or from household power...haven't set it up for solar recharging yet but could easily do so. I looked at LiFePO4 batteries when I first got the ArkPak but they were extremely expensive. However, the price has been dropping slightly and I just got a great deal on a 29-lb., 100ah Lithium Ion battery yesterday from Battle Born Batteries. It was shipped within an hour and the guy personally calls everyone who orders a Battle Born battery. I probably spent 15 minutes on the phone with him.

Last edited:

e60ral

It's the same thing as the GoalZero Yeti just no established track record and more expensive, lots of people find the Yeti useful.

Does the charge controller on the ArkPak support lithium batteries? I didn't think it did

moabian

Does the charge controller on the ArkPak support lithium batteries? I didn't think it did

Yes it does...starting with the AP730 released about a year and a half ago. The guy at Battle Born even went so far as to research the ArkPak to make sure it met the charging requirements.

e60ral

Yes it does...starting with the AP730 released about a year and a half ago. The guy at Battle Born even went so far as to research the ArkPak to make sure it met the charging requirements.
Do they have a smaller case? I imagine the 100ah lithium is much smaller than a 100ah group31 battery. That's a pretty food setup with a smaller battery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears