Good-Bye Jeep Hello Ram

Slicky72

Adventurer
Nice build , I owned a 97 2500 for 7 years until gas hit a buck a liter. Sold it to my dad who hauls a Bigfoot camper with it now. That vintage of Ram is a real solid truck and I have no doubts it will treat you well.

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Nice build , I owned a 97 2500 for 7 years until gas hit a buck a liter. Sold it to my dad who hauls a Bigfoot camper with it now. That vintage of Ram is a real solid truck and I have no doubts it will treat you well.

I work for Chrysler.... The old reliable 5.2 and 5.9 are almost indestructible. I have a fresh 5.9 sitting on a stand to drop in. Crane RV Cam and a few other light Mods as well as Bosch Injectors and
a better ignition system are already done. The 5.2 in the truck is just broken in....218,000 km's :) So maybe this winter I will swap them out..... I'm not really worried about the mileage even though Regular Gas
is now $1.38 per liter here in BC....... I only live 1/2 a mile from work so I don't really use the truck until the weekends. Give a wave if you're driving around.... I live in South Surrey....Near the Keg....
Regards
Eddy

fasteddy47

Adventurer
I honked at you from Lougheed last Friday... Got any good 03-05 diesels on the lot?

Moved to White Rock Dealer July 1st after 10 Years on Lougheed!!! Still Adjusting.... Couple of nice used 03-05's.
PM me with your wish list and I'll see if anything matches up!
Cheers
Eddy

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Finally some down time to work on my drawer unit. All painted with DuCan Deck-Kote..... Two Coats nice tough finish...
Inverter in place and wired. /Dual MV50 Compressors and a 2.5 Gallon air tank./ Dual Optima Red Tops/ Battery Cut Off Switch /
15 Gallon Water Tank (not Plumbed yet) / Adjustable Deck Tye Downs ( reinforced underneath with 12 Guage Aluminum Plate) /
Sliding Drawers Lined with Rubber Liner/ Wiring Plumbed on Outside through 1 1/2 " PCV Pipe/ Dewalt 18 V Charger Mounted Permanantly ( Carry Sawz All , Drill, Grinder)
Hope to mount this beast in the truck next weekend... :)

bb1of8.jpg

bb2of8.jpg

bb3of8.jpg

bb4of8.jpg

bb5of8.jpg

bb6of8.jpg

bb7of8.jpg

bb8of8.jpg

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Finally Started my "Chuck Box/Camp Kitchen" ..... Made the front drop down door with two 12" slides/ One cutting board and
one regular extension so when the lid is down I have 36" + 24" of counter.... 5 feet!!!
The interior is getting some sliding drawers on the left side, and the right side above the stove is getting a custom organizer. I
will post once completed.
Cheers
Eddy
IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Pretty nice setup. I like the camp kitchen idea, will be making one for my trailer... albeit a smaller version. I really dig the battery and power setup, nice and clean with the sealed batteries. What power inverter is that one? I have a Motomaster 1000 watt as well for the trailer, but it looks like I have the lower end one? Yours is the True Sine or Modified Sine one?

Again, nice kit!

fasteddy47

Adventurer
Pretty nice setup. I like the camp kitchen idea, will be making one for my trailer... albeit a smaller version. I really dig the battery and power setup, nice and clean with the sealed batteries. What power inverter is that one? I have a Motomaster 1000 watt as well for the trailer, but it looks like I have the lower end one? Yours is the True Sine or Modified Sine one?

Again, nice kit!

Thanks Greg, I just took a look at the inverter, it is a Modified Sine Wave.... Waited until Canuck Tire had a sale on,.... I see the 3000 Watt goes on sale now as well.... Should have waited.... 1000 should be enough for my use though!!

Windsor Plywood has the Baltic Birch in 1/2 inch on sale right now, if you're planning a Chuck Box you should grab a sheet.
Cheers
Eddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan