Goodyear Announces a new variant of the MT/R

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
nat020209WranglerDuraTrac.jpg

Darren

Adventurer
Sizes listed here. No 255/85/16.

They still list the existing model on their site, and the article wording makes it sound like the the new version is a lineup addition, as the thread title also suggests, as opposed to a replacement. Can this be confirmed?

Maybe they'll break the "Good-for-a-year" stereotype with this one.

I'm guessing this was your personal stereotype, and not one that is generally shared. I've gotten at least 45,000 miles on my previous three sets of MT/Rs, and 55,000 on the last. I don't think one can complain at all about tire life with a tread type like this.

Bighead

Adventurer
I'm guessing this was your personal stereotype, and not one that is generally shared. I've gotten at least 45,000 miles on my previous three sets of MT/Rs, and 55,000 on the last. I don't think one can complain at all about tire life with a tread type like this.

I hope I am able to get that type of mileage out of mine.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Which is this? looks pretty good

I like the new MTR tread design better than the old one but the sidewall looks too trendy. Maybe it looks better in real life.

That is the Dura Trac.

Your thoughts on the looks are mine as well. Tires today seem to be going towards this trend fad. I just want a straight Michelin XZL, or similar with could side lugging and be done with it.

I've actually heard the same with the MT/R's; However, the set I owned sw very little trail or street use before I sold them to get out of rock crawling and into expedition style 4wheeling/camping. I will say that I really liked them on the trail though.

I talked to Goodyear PR the other day and was told that there is NO TREAD WARRANTY for the Dura Trac tire. Not sure if this would be a deal breaker for anyone, or if it really matters at all? Anyone ever gotten anything from a treadwear warranty? No final pricing yet either.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I've never had a tire NOT last as long as I expected when it came to tread wear. And especially when it wasn't something unrelated to alignment. I figure the way I treat my tires I'm quite happy when I get 40K miles on them.

Now for the Volvo, I would expect to get more miles and usually do.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Not a bad little article. Only time will tell. I hate to say, but based on looks alone I don't think it will sell as well as the New BFG MT KM2.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
Sooo... again are they or are they not directional? Clearly looks so?

And...pickuptrucks don't appear to be treading lightly:

6a00d83451b3c669e201127917a78128a4-800wi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman