Gratemates....is there a comprable stateside product?

cowboy4x4

Explorer
I called amgrating.... the 2x2 sq comes in a sheet of 4'x12' a sheet runs $608.00 if they are cut at 10"w x4' L you can get four pairs per sheet and all the ends will be closed. That works out to be $152.00 per pair. They are located in henderson NV. I have relatives out there and go there often If there was interest we could make a group buy and I could bring them back here, I live in yorba linda CA. you would be responsible for picking them up from my place.

loren85022

Explorer
Cowboy, just an FYI, Colin quoted me the same $150 for two units. Each 12"x48"x2". Plus $50 for shipping. That was Monday. They we're at my doorstep Weds when I got home from work.

First observation is that they arent light. Which is good and bad. This w-end I'm going to roll my van across them to see just how strong they are. Hopefully I dont end up with four 2' units.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Have you weighed your rig? I'd be interested in your weight. Mine is front 3500# Rear 3200#

TheAlmightySam

Adventurer
Cowboy, just an FYI, Colin quoted me the same $150 for two units. Each 12"x48"x2". Plus $50 for shipping. That was Monday. They we're at my doorstep Weds when I got home from work.

First observation is that they arent light. Which is good and bad. This w-end I'm going to roll my van across them to see just how strong they are. Hopefully I dont end up with four 2' units.

I'll be watching for your observations. Loaded, my rig weighs in at just over 7500 lbs, with something like 4500 on the front alone, and it'll be another few hundred up there once I get a proper bumper, winch, and dual battery system installed. I have my worries that anything plastic is going to hold up under bridging duties with that much weight concentrated on it.

fasteddy47

Adventurer
My Solution, aluminum, 12 foot section cut down to 3 four footers, $120 cut.

ladder1.jpg

ladder2.jpg

fasteddy47

Adventurer
These are stair safety steps, they are available in both steel and aluminium, my aluminium ones weigh about 8 lbs each.... heres a few more pics
you can order them in 12" wide as well.
sandladdera2.jpg

sandladdera1.jpg

fifty

Adventurer
From where? I wonder what would hold a heavy f350 better. The 12 inch aluminum or the grate mate...was just about to order four

Z71-K9

We need someone to do a comparison study between gratemates and aluminum. To include light and heavy vehicles. Any takers?

loren85022

Explorer
I've got 2 48"x12" gratemats that I'm planning to test asap in N-Phx with an e-series van. I'm looking to find a scale that will give me my weight (and distribution) before I test. If anyone has aluminum near by, a side-by-side test might be fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12