GregB_00XJ M101 CDN2 "Way too Red" Build Thread (finally)

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Yes... I agree.

I am sad to say all work has basically stopped for now. Raining like mad out there, and I am busy with the kids most evenings when the wife works. Some busy work to do yet, so hopefully I can get back on that soon (wiring etc). Also need to finish up the wee shed it will live in this winter. Have to keep it warm and dry all winter!!

VanIsle_Greg

Took it for a test tow today, works awesome and tracks like a dream. All I need to install still are the anti rattle bolts and it will be near silent on the road. I didn't get to test backing it up as I ran out of time, but as the pivot point is now basically what my last trailer was I am certain it will be much easier. My last trailer was a sinch to get just about anywhere... much better than the shorty lunette and the well, lunette ring.

Next up, a coupler!!

StanBo

Great build!

Thanks for the link to the 5x4.5 hubs. I was planning on installing spacers to convert my 5.5 to 4.5 but will go this route instead. I will be converting back to 5.5 in a few years when I swap the axles on my XJ.

I also wouldn't mind another 416. One for camping and one for cleanup/yard work.

VanIsle_Greg

Hey HesterJ,
Actually I dont have to. A buddy of mine is working on a design with a local fabrication company that hopes to get some prototypes made and tested for mass production (ok small masses). These should be similar to other designs out there, but it is top secret so I haven't seen the design yet myself?

If they don't get off the ground as they are swamped, I will order a max coupler likely?

VanIsle_Greg

Great build!

Thanks for the link to the 5x4.5 hubs. I was planning on installing spacers to convert my 5.5 to 4.5 but will go this route instead. I will be converting back to 5.5 in a few years when I swap the axles on my XJ.

I also wouldn't mind another 416. One for camping and one for cleanup/yard work.

No worries on the links... I so would love to grab another one of these. I know of a Fiberglass and kevlar reproduction one that should be on the market soon (2013) that I "may" pick up. Details soon... and if the wife will let me get one...lol.

VanIsle_Greg

Haven't touched this thing in a month now...feels weird. I Unzipped the shed to make sure it was still in there...lol. I think it is time to work on some more wiring now, hopefully it doesn't get too cold soon!

VanIsle_Greg

Winter is too long... the worst part, we have had zero snow here (well near sea level where I dwell) and it has just been cold and wet. Haven't looked at my trailer in ages. Have some plans in my head, maybe start in early spring!!

TheThom

Adventurer
Winter is too long... the worst part, we have had zero snow here (well near sea level where I dwell) and it has just been cold and wet. Haven't looked at my trailer in ages. Have some plans in my head, maybe start in early spring!!

Ditto. At least if it's cold, I'd like some snow with it.

hesterj

Adventurer
I know what you mean. My poor little trailer has just been sitting outside unfinished. 100 degree heat is a lot easier to work in then this 40-50 degree stuff!

VanIsle_Greg

Just popped in to look at my trailer...too cold wet and dark to pull it out now anyhow. REALLY want to go camping, really need me some heat in that tent! lol Might try for an april trip this year, any local takers??

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle