Gunsight Pass Sat. Jan. 19th

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Going to be doing a smooth run up to Gunsight Pass south of Tucson in the Santa Rita's. The goal of the run is to get some of the Tucson members together. We will be running the trail from east (hwy 83) to west (santa rita rd). The trail is rated moderate and any aggresive stock suv with decent tires should be able to tackle it. So far there is not a vehicle limit, so all that are interested should come along. At this time it looks like we will be meeting at TTT for breakfast at 0800 and departing from TTT* at 0900.

*For those of you not familiar with TTT it is a truck stop located just off I-10 at exit 268 Craycroft Rd.

Attendace Roster:
Jasonazx- Definately coming
Purple People Eater- Definately coming
Yasha- Definately coming
Goodtimes- Definately coming
Rockcrawler-Definately coming

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Which direction are you running it from? I don't know what my schedule looks like yet, but I might go along....

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
I'm interested...
More details?
Time, direction?
Number of vehicles?

safari.gif

Jasonazx

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
Which direction are you running it from? I don't know what my schedule looks like yet, but I might go along....
I have only run it starting from the hwy 83 side. Is there an advantage by running it from the other direction?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Jasonazx said:
I have only run it starting from the hwy 83 side. Is there an advantage by running it from the other direction?

Like you, I have only ran it from east to west....I have no idea of an advantage of one direction over the other.

Jasonazx

Adventurer
From east to west it is, unless, of course anyone objects...
Anyone? So now we just need to decide on a meeting place. We could always meet at the rest area just south of the exit off I-10 on the 83. Or we could meet at the Triple T.????

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Jasonazx said:
From east to west it is, unless, of course anyone objects...
Anyone? So now we just need to decide on a meeting place. We could always meet at the rest area just south of the exit off I-10 on the 83. Or we could meet at the Triple T.????

TTT for breakfast is always a good way to start a trip....:chowtime:

Jasonazx

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
TTT for breakfast is always a good way to start a trip....:chowtime:
There's an idea.. Lets do it! :chowtime: We could meet at TTT at 8:00 and depart at 9:00?

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Bump! Haven't seen any activity in this thread for awhile. Goodtimes, DaktariEd you guys know if you can make it yet?

Webfur

Sup Fellas, this is Yasha, I'm the one who got JasonAzx to come out :26_7_2:

anyways, lez get a head count of whoes going? I got a few interests from diff forums to come out. So lez see how many ppl there are, looking forward to meeting you guys :clapsmile

Lez put it Channel 14 on CB and Channel 14 on FRS? everyone ok with that?

Jasonazx

Adventurer
Webfur said:
:
anyways, lez get a head count of whoes going?

Up to date attendance status is on the 1st page of the thread. It looks like 4 people are coming for sure. I don't know who else you have coming...

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
How many people total are we expecting (from all forums)? I am limited on time due to my current work load...I simply can't spend all day out on the trail. I don't want to rush anyone along....so depending on group size and vehicle type/driver skill, I may have to back out.

Jasonazx

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
How many people total are we expecting (from all forums)? I am limited on time due to my current work load...I simply can't spend all day out on the trail. I don't want to rush anyone along....so depending on group size and vehicle type/driver skill, I may have to back out.

Well, if you decided to come that would make 5 vehicles from ep. I think "webfur" has 1 more from a different forum. I think there are enough people that have done the trail before (you, myself and my dad) and the trail being as easy going as it is should make for a pretty quick run. What time would you like to complete the trail by? As long as we depart from TTT at 9:00 sharp I plan on being done no later than 2:00 probably a little earlier. I'm not planning on being out there all day and would love to meet ya!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears