Happy me.

ThomD

Explorer
at-horizon-02.jpg

Mike dropped off my new-to-me trailer yesterday, after generously driving down from Oregon with it. :wings:

There is a matching Land Cruiser :safari-rig:, but we had to take a pass on that. It was tempting but not what we really need.

One of the cool things about it being used is that I need to tinker with and tune up a few things. Yes, I like to tinker and I don't think I'd be as happy with one that was turn-key.

I spent the day working on some bad wiring (grumble), reinstalling one of the box handles so they all turn the same way, cleaning things, testing the awning, testing the solar charger, and polishing the stove grill so it looks all shiny. There's some rust to be dealt with in one side box, and the case of the dead Battery Tender, and .... Let's just say it'll be a few weeks before I can take it anywhere. But that's OK, it gives me an excuse to play the music in the garage really loud. :punk03:

ThomD

Explorer
Thanks. It was painted to match the Land Cruiser. When Mike was coming down he got stopped by the Highway Patrol - just so the CHP could check out the rig.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Congrats, i know that trailer will make you very happy. It worked well for us and i can't say i don't miss it.

JChatary

Outdoor Daydreamer
Ahhh....I miss waking up Dave & Yosh brewing my pot of coffee on that trailer!

Congrats man!

ThomD

Explorer
Well, it was almost fun while it lasted. The trailer is returning to the Mother Ship. AdventureDuo will reunite the trailer with the matching Land Cruiser in a couple of weeks. I couldn't stand between a couple so clearly fated to be together.

It works out well for everyone, as long as my wife doesn't get tired of me yaking about options on the new one we will buy.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Well, it was almost fun while it lasted. The trailer is returning to the Mother Ship. AdventureDuo will reunite the trailer with the matching Land Cruiser in a couple of weeks. I couldn't stand between a couple so clearly fated to be together.

It works out well for everyone, as long as my wife doesn't get tired of me yaking about options on the new one we will buy.

That's very cool that you were willing to reunite the trailer with someone in need. Kudos to you. :wings:

Your right, now you can focus on which options you need on your new AT. :sombrero:

Wagon Burner

Well I dont know you or your wife Thom, But I have to tell you. It takes a REAL MAN to be gracouis enough to be a MAN, and do such a kind thing. You dont see much of that these day's.

It refreshing as a new member here, to come across such a thread and realize that there are still just good ol down home people left in the world.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Yep, i can't thank Thom enough. When Mike Hiscox told me he already sold it a week before we decided to get the rigs back i was kind of heart broken. I couldn't believe when i got a PM from Thom, that he was willing to give up the trailer so we could have it. We'll be picking it up the 18th. Can't express enough how grateful we are. Thanks again Thom.

Oh yeah, congrats on getting to design and purchase a brand new Horizon.

ThomD

Explorer
Aw shucks folks, 'twernt nothin. Sometimes "the Right Thing to do" just jumps out at you and you can't avoid it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior