Has anyone used Monstaliner on their camper and truck?

Burb One

Adventurer
I was about to repaint my rear lift tailgate with rattle can gloss, matching the rest of the vehicle's OEM paint. (A year ago I was rear ended and the car behind sprayed brake fluid all over the rear door, eating through the paint within a day while sitting in the adjuster's yard- I took a $ check, rather than have it re-painted just to get pinstripes off road again and replaced the bumper myself, never fixing the paint.

I just bought some of the light gray monstaliner (quart) and will paint just the tailgate as a test. I will report back in a few weeks... I've always wanted a lighter color for the sun, and well see how well this holds up over sanded black OE paint.

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Look for the Mission Dawn Patrol thread over in the camper van section. He did his whole rig but I believe it was Raptor Liner. I'm guessing Monsta Liner, Raptor Liner, Panty Liner, all pretty much the same thing. His came out looking really nice and I believe it's got a year or so on it at this point.

I had it in my head to do my van with Plastidip and bought the gear to do it, but after doing some basic work with it I think I'm going the "***" -liner route for the base color and then use the plasti dip for "graphic" type stuff that I'm likely to get bored with and want to change periodically.

Last edited:

blackwood

Adventurer
One of these days when I get tired of looking at the pinstripping done by trees/bushes on my truck, I'm going to have it painted with one of these liner products. It will need to be a little glossy, I don't want to drive around looking like I just have primer paint on my truck.

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
I am going to do either grey and black stripes or white and black stripes on my lance TC. I will be doing it before summer for sure. I will update everyone on this thread and my build thread throughout the application

lvwilly

I used herculiner on my Lance 815. It had a bunch of roof leaks that were mostly self inflicted and I was fed up trying to track them down. I did the whole camper with it and it stopped the leaks of course and also seemed to help with air infiltration and keeps it a lot warmer in there. I had black herculiner already so just used that and then covered it with white porch paint. I should have just ordered a colored bedliner in light gray, the white sure looks dirty all the time.

Its been on there for 2 years and has been great with no cracking or peeling. I scuffed the entire thing up with a wire wheel and did a quick wipe with acetone before applying. Overall very happy with it but I should've been more meticulous and planned better.

Brex69

I sprayed Raptor Liner on my ARE DCU. The stuff is tuff as nails and the texture looks great and the spray gun is only like 20 bucks.

Attachments

• 15D8FB82-112D-4518-90CD-D531439D5B03.jpeg
    15D8FB82-112D-4518-90CD-D531439D5B03.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

BajaSurfRig

I used herculiner on my Lance 815. It had a bunch of roof leaks that were mostly self inflicted and I was fed up trying to track them down. I did the whole camper with it and it stopped the leaks of course and also seemed to help with air infiltration and keeps it a lot warmer in there. I had black herculiner already so just used that and then covered it with white porch paint. I should have just ordered a colored bedliner in light gray, the white sure looks dirty all the time.

Its been on there for 2 years and has been great with no cracking or peeling. I scuffed the entire thing up with a wire wheel and did a quick wipe with acetone before applying. Overall very happy with it but I should've been more meticulous and planned better.

Any photos of your paint job? I have a Lance 815 as well

lvwilly

Any photos of your paint job? I have a Lance 815 as well
My bad, not sure why I didn't see this!

The first pic is the front of the camper and shows the bugs stuck to it. Second pic is some staining from run off from the roof. Third pic is my poor job of not taping the windows.

It's holding up well with no leaks and improved air infiltration. I'm glad I did it. I should have been more meticulous and also chosen a different color. Super hard to clean. I can brighten it up a little with some scrubbing but it never looks totally clean.

Attachments

• 20231006_121349.jpg
    20231006_121349.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231006_121337.jpg
    20231006_121337.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231006_121334.jpg
    20231006_121334.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads