HDJ100! swap

myspa56

I think this project sounds pretty interesting. In fact I am also from Canada and I also feel that it is a pity that Toyota is not selling diesel engines in our country. I would request him to keep us regularly updated about his new project. I would like to wish him all the best.

eleblanc

Adventurer
The swap is about complete, there are still a few things to resolves. But it is running great and strong! That things is a highway warrior, pulls very nicely and better highway acceleration then the V8.

Not much from outside, but its a diesel!

attachment.php

LJ_24

Adventurer
I am so jealous, can we get a pic of the engine bay and a video which lets us hear the sound of that diesel!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
there is something wrong here - how come this thread is not generating more interest? This is a very exceptional swap!

Last edited:

gfiero

Adventurer
Stunned

this is a great swap, I perfect match of vehicle and engine, imo, it will fuel many dreams.

Now if I could just get a D4D into my 07 tacoma.......

eleblanc

Adventurer
Montreal to be exact.

Here some pictures

When you do something like this you want to do it right, when you are in a 200 hours project, improving something that will take 8 hours is a no brainer. We had to move the tranny support, the HDJ has the "bus" tranny A442F. it is big! So we removed the frame, sandblasted, coat it with industrial epoxy and sprayed the whole inside frame with anti rust stuff.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

eleblanc

Adventurer
The lexus is one of the rare in Canada, i knew someone with one and he let me have if to double check some stuff about the AHC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

AHC wiring getting back where is should. The UZJ frame has all the holes but some welded nuts were missing

attachment.php

eleblanc

Adventurer
Engine bay ready to start receiving HDJ parts

attachment.php

The scariest part of the project WIRES. but it is not that bad. Having the europeen EWD was usefull to debug issue at the end

attachment.php

Swap the HDJ second battery tray!

attachment.php

eleblanc

Adventurer
Main dash harness back in place

attachment.php

On to a other subject, engine maintenance, injector test and clean, new t-belt and tensionner and EGR fun stuff.....i got the intake manifold pressure cleaned, it came back like new!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78

Members online