HELP me decide: GFC Topper or A.R.E. DCU

What would you buy?

• Total voters

Shawn686

Observer
Yeah, underground parking is a no go with the above cab ones.

You can get the "ladder racks" for the low ones and carry plywood and longer items on top. I had one on my older truck, mine bolted on and you could take it on and off as needed if you dont use it all the time.

With my current one, which is a wedge top, I dont haul super long stuff often. The few times that I have, I just use a ratchet strap or bungee cord to hold the door closed against what ever I am hauling. I installed eyelets on the interior of the barn doors to attach the straps/bungees too. And obviously what ever is being hauled is secured in the bed via the factory tie downs. The ratchet straps and bungees are just to keep the barn doors from flopping around and not extending beyond the sides of the truck

Hope that helps.

This is the rack I am talking about, it bolts right on and off. Mine weighted like maybe 20lbs max.

iu

CuStOm

Adventurer
I have nothing but positive things to say about GFC, their people and products are top notch and we should all be supporting these American companies and workers.

See my thread for what I did to minimize dust intrusion but also helps with airflow while sleeping. I assume you're looking at the canopy and not RTT version, there would be no difference as far as this mod goes and I would install two since you wouldn't have convection without the RTT....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior