Homebuilt Roof Rack

stomperxj

Explorer
Well the rack is finally painted and lights mounted. I need to wire the switch and relay and I'll be done...

Rack-bumper.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
That looks as good as anything I've seen sold by the big name manufacturers. Well done - :clapsmile

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Nice Fab'n stomperxj, looks great.

Curious how you ran your wiring into the vehicle. I need to rewire my Hella's and rear spots.

stomperxj

Explorer
John B said:
Nice Fab'n stomperxj, looks great.

Curious how you ran your wiring into the vehicle. I need to rewire my Hella's and rear spots.

Thanks for the comments guys...

I drilled a hole in the lower tube at each end on the passenger side, ran the wires thru the tube, then down to thru the hatch on the back... I'm going to silicone the holes for moisture proofing...

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
stomperxj said:
Thanks for the comments guys...

I drilled a hole in the lower tube at each end on the passenger side, ran the wires thru the tube, then down to thru the hatch on the back... I'm going to silicone the holes for moisture proofing...

Thats how i have mine currently, occasionally in the rain it will run down the wiring past the hatch seal and wet the carpet or gear i have placed there.

I'm looking for an alternative, which is why i asked. Havent found the "right" pass through bulkhead yet. But i remember a thread here recently...that i didnt get to read thoroughly, guess i should check it out.

stomperxj

Explorer
John B said:
Thats how i have mine currently, occasionally in the rain it will run down the wiring past the hatch seal and wet the carpet or gear i have placed there.

I'm looking for an alternative, which is why i asked. Havent found the "right" pass through bulkhead yet. But i remember a thread here recently...that i didnt get to read thoroughly, guess i should check it out.

I ran my wires under the weatherstripping so they run in an upside down "U" shape. I'll keep an eye out for wet spots though ;)

cyclic

Adventurer
Use a rubber wiring cover from a Jeep Cherokee. It connects the factory rear hatch to the body. Should provide the water proofing you need and hide the wires on the inside above the headliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger