Hourless Life

In terms of traffic as you continue south:
- Perú, Ecuador, Bolivia, and Paraguay are most similar to Colombia
- Chile is orderly
- Argentina is fast but generally competent
- Brazil is fast and anarchic except for 100 m either side of speed traps
- Uruguay is sedate
- Venezuela makes Colombia seem like Germany
And just how would you know all of this...oh wait...nevermind ? Always great to hear from you and so glad we finally got to break bread and meet in person in Bogota. An honor my friend. Truly. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

IMG_9433.jpg

UPDATE FROM HOURLESS LIFE:

It has been awhile since we uploaded a video, but it has been with good reason.

On April 6th, we flew back to the United States for the first time since we started our global journey, It had been 554 days since we had been "home". While there we landed in Denver, drove to Seattle, then down to California, across to Flagstaff Arizona for Overland Expo West where we presented 13 times!, then back to Denver to fly out.

It was a whirlwind to say the least, but the focus was entirely on spending time with family and friends. On May 31st we flew back to Ecuador and picked up DAUNTLESS and headed to the Mindo Valley of Ecuador (which is pretty incredible btw) but I digress. In our video series we are still in Colombia....

This Sunday, June 11th we'll be releasing our next YouTube video publicly. (It is available RIGHT NOW as early access on our Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/hourlesslife ) If you are reading this and would be willing to buy us a cup of coffee in person and swap stories with us. Please consider joining our Patreon instead? We interact with our Patrons all the time, answer questions, tell stories, and have a lot of fun there. And we'd really appreciate the love.

Our upcoming video is about Salento and Valle de Cocora Colombia which is one of the most stunning places we've been in all of our travels.

I'm really happy with the way this video turned out. I've been stretching my editing skills with each video and this one incorporates some elements that although you may not notice too much of a difference, it took some effort and time on my end to figure out.

I'd like to say that our videos are getting tighter, more fluid, and easier to watch in full. The analytics behind the scenes on YouTube bear that out to be truth. It seems that a high percentage of people who start watching one of our videos, watch all the way through to the end. This is definitely encouraging to me.

Anyway, wanted to give you a quick update. You can expect to see a video from us every 1-2 weeks now that we are back on the journey. ~ Eric

Hourless Life
Love. Explore. Study. Share.

Hourless Life

This video is so much fun! This may be one of the most stunning places we've been on our entire overlanding journey so far. Come join us and see what life is really like driving around the world.

Happy to answer questions about this area or any other we've been to so far on our global journey. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #southamerica

Hourless Life

Whoa! This was some sketchy but amazing overlanding in Colombia. We went off road through tunnels, across super high bridges, lost control of the rig in the mud, and crossed a washed out bridge too. I'm getting a little better at this editing thing and I hope you enjoy this journey with us through the Tatacoa Desert of Colombia.

As always I'm open to any questions. ~ Eric

#hourlesslife #overlanding #colombia #tatacoadesert #southamerica

Hourless Life

This may have been the hardest few days of our overlanding journey so far. I was exhausted and short tempered with my family. But a moment on the drive hit me hard and gave me a serious gut check. I talk about it in the video as we cross into Ecuador.

Here for any questions. Hope you enjoy the video. ~ Eric

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Perspective is a great thing! And everyone has a bad day now and again. Its important to show all of it, I applaud you for that. As it would be easy to edit out the bad days.

Folks don’t realize things that they take for granted at home. Like, well being home. You always know where you will sleep that night. But with full time traveling, overlanding, life on the road. A good amount of time and energy goes into that “little” portion. Just figuring out where camp, or home will be…every day…every night… Overwhelmingly its more + than -. But everything is a tradeoff.

Hourless Life

We almost slid off a cliff in Moab...
Our first overlanding trip back to the USA since we started our global overlanding journey and we captured it all on video.

In this video we take you with us on a massive loop of the western USA. You get to know us and our family a little better and get to see how we got out of that mess in Moab. Hit me with any questions. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Perspective is a great thing! And everyone has a bad day now and again. Its important to show all of it, I applaud you for that. As it would be easy to edit out the bad days.

Folks don’t realize things that they take for granted at home. Like, well being home. You always know where you will sleep that night. But with full time traveling, overlanding, life on the road. A good amount of time and energy goes into that “little” portion. Just figuring out where camp, or home will be…every day…every night… Overwhelmingly its more + than -. But everything is a tradeoff.
So true. With full time long distance overlanding, everything ahead of you is unknown. We traveled the USA full-time for 7.5 years, and after awhile we'd driven most major roads and areas. So while still amazing, it wasn't new every day. There were knowns so to speak. Here on this journey every day is an unknown. ~ Eric

Hourless Life

Wait until you see the beautiful Mindo Valley of Ecuador!

We had a great time overlanding here and definitely recommend it for anyone considering traveling to Ecuador!

Also, for the first time ever, Caspian narrates a hike that he takes you on in this video!

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador #southamerica

Hourless Life

We’re overlanding in Ecuador and couldn’t pass up the Otavalo Market! It is massive! It basically takes over the whole city!

In this week's video we take you with us to the Otavalo Market, and to the most luxurious overlanding camping spot we've ever stayed at.

Here for any questions about the market, the journey, or international overlanding. Hit me up if you have questions.

#hourlesslife #overlanding #ecuador #southamerica #otavalomarket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior