I FINALLY got my 80!

Caduceus 80

After almost a year of searching, I was finally able to track down exactly what I was looking for....a white, 1996-97, factory locked, low miles, clean 80 series Land Cruiser. I probably had contact with three dozen sellers from all over the country, but nothing was to be found that fitted what I wanted.

Lesson of the Day: Low mile, factory-locked, Land Cruisers are VERY hard to find...lol.

Finally, one came up with everything that I had wanted. (A 96 with 84k miles, factory lockers, and clean interior). The seller and myself were able to close a deal over the phone, and 2600 miles of driving later.....it is mine. :)

This one will be in my family for years to come!

BrandNewForum.jpg

Brian894x4

Explorer
Congradulations! If I was searching for a replacement for my 80, that would be EXACTLY the one I would be looking for. Sounds like it worth the wait.

Well done.

elysium

Observer
So, do you also own the red one in the background? :D

Caduceus 80 said:
After almost a year of searching, I was finally able to track down exactly what I was looking for....a white, 1996-97, factory locked, low miles, clean 80 series Land Cruiser. I probably had contact with three dozen sellers from all over the country, but nothing was to be found that fitted what I wanted.

Lesson of the Day: Low mile, factory-locked, Land Cruisers are VERY hard to find...lol.

Finally, one came up with everything that I had wanted. (A 96 with 84k miles, factory lockers, and clean interior). The seller and myself were able to close a deal over the phone, and 2600 miles of driving later.....it is mine. :)

This one will be in my family for years to come!

BrandNewForum.jpg

Caduceus 80

elysium said:
So, do you also own the red one in the background? :D

Unfortunately, the red one is not mine, but another vehicle that was up for sale. I snapped the pics as I was taking delivery of the white one.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and quotes. I think my patience was a way avoid the frustration of being kicked in the teeth with a better deal if I jumped on one too early that wasn't what I wanted. There were SEVERAL that were white, several with lockers, a few with low mileage, and many in great shape, but not "all of the above" in the same truck. This one fit the bill perfectly, and I was definately not going to let it go in hopes of something better coming down the line.

targa88

Explorer
Caduceus 80 said:
Unfortunately, the red one is not mine, but another vehicle that was up for sale. I snapped the pics as I was taking delivery of the white one.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and quotes. I think my patience was a way avoid the frustration of being kicked in the teeth with a better deal if I jumped on one too early that wasn't what I wanted. There were SEVERAL that were white, several with lockers, a few with low mileage, and many in great shape, but not "all of the above" in the same truck. This one fit the bill perfectly, and I was definately not going to let it go in hopes of something better coming down the line.

Patience is a virtue and it pays off!!!
Great looking rig

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
New rig.

Caduceus 80 said:
After almost a year of searching, I was finally able to track down exactly what I was looking for....a white, 1996-97, factory locked, low miles, clean 80 series Land Cruiser.

Very clean looking rig. Time for some exploring.
Cheers,
P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger