I LOVE these new lights!

CodyLX450

Adventurer
I finally got to take some pics of these after getting all 5 installed.

My street:

No headlights on:

IMG_0772.jpg

Regular headlights on:

IMG_0771.jpg

Brights on:

IMG_0770.jpg

All 5 HID lights on:

IMG_0769.jpg

Now looking at the truck:

Headlights:

IMG_0773.jpg

Brights:

IMG_0774.jpg

HID's:

IMG_0775.jpg

Granted, the BRIGHTS don't do so well being partially blocked by the bumper's HID lights, but you can clearly see a HUGE difference.

WAKE UP NEIGHBORS, ITS 4:30am!

:p

CodyLX450

Adventurer
These lights are from Checker Auto (or Shucks or Kragen....depending on where you are).

I heard of someone getting these and I thought..."HID....yeah right. Probably some cheap APC junk with a 55 watt fog light bulb that will burn out in less than a week".

They installed 2 at Sedonafest and they were INSANELY bright.

I was so impressed I bought 3....and then picked up another 2 in a few days.

I've never seen lights half as bright....and that includes the monster sized LIGHTFORCE and other high end types.

The best part about the whole deal.......$109 a piece! (HINT: Call your local store to verify they have them in stock....if you pick them up that day, they give you 10% off that price)

99000csk.jpg

7" HID Off Road Light with a wide and very bright 35 watt Euro-Beam Light pattern. Features include a durable, hi-impact ABS housing with a red anodized aluminum trim ring. These have an internal starter and ballast. Easy two wire installation. Each light includes a clear polycarbonate protective lens cover to protect the tempered glass lens from rocks. The wiring harness to connect to the included blue back lit rocker switch is also included.

CodyLX450

Adventurer
Funny enough in the pic, it looks like the lower clear clasp around the light is broken.

The top one looks like its 2 pieces bonded together.

The actual ones are a solid piece of clear plastic that grabs completely around like the top one, but without that seam that looks like a nice breakable area.

Thats the pic from the CSKauto website.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Part number? They look awesome!

Hmm...at 7"...they'll fit on a GS moto as well!

-H-

NorCalSam

Adventurer
Very cool, I have 4 lightforce 170s that also turn night to day but they are 100 watts each.

That HID stuff is cool

:bowdown:

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
What a cool find, in the last place you ever thought would have some thing good. Hope they last for you and thanks for the heads up. Oh and by the few pics I've seen of your rig, it has to be the coolest, well built Lexus' around.

davegonz

Explorer
Thanks for the link. Looks like there are NO Checkers/Shucks/Kragens in the whole state of Texas. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78