I need ideas on how to mount shovel/axe to body panels

BigAl

Expedition Leader
You could use a lock rather than a cotter pin, on something like this. The bolt is stainless steel

2high%20lift%20mount2.jpg

1high%20lift%20mount.jpg

motomech

Adventurer
You could use a lock rather than a cotter pin, on something like this. The bolt is stainless steel

2high%20lift%20mount2.jpg

1high%20lift%20mount.jpg

That's the type of stuff i'm looking for:wings:
Does the wing nut come loose often,i could easily use a lock instead of the cotter pin!

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Does the wing nut come loose often,i could easily use a lock instead of the cotter pin!

The u shaped piece of channel in the first pic acts as a washer that the wing nuts tightens against, the wing nuts stay tight for me. Be sure to post up what you do:)

dustboy

Explorer
Thin sheetmetal is not going to support that load well, especially over bumps and vibration. You'd have to spread out the load by sandwiching the sheetmetal between two large surfaces, otherwise it's eventually going to tear.

BigAl

Expedition Leader
Thin sheetmetal is not going to support that load well, especially over bumps and vibration. You'd have to spread out the load by sandwiching the sheetmetal between two large surfaces, otherwise it's eventually going to tear.

I agree, the picture i posted is actually on the hinge for the hood.

motomech

Adventurer
I'm actually thinking about making a "Plate" like the one shown on the hummer hood,but not as big.It will probably be about the size of the tool in trying to mount.

So if i have a 4ft tall shovel ill make a plate that is about 6 inches wide and 4ft long.That way i can weld the shovel mounts to the plate and then bolt the plate to the vehicle with sandwich plates on the back side of the fender or hood.

I really need to be able to lock this stuff up since i live in a undesirable neighborhood:ar15::peepwall:

rickc

Adventurer
motomech:

you should try to work out some way to lock all the tools with a single cross bar so that one lock locks them all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior