i opened up my eezi-awn for the first time since last oct

eleblanc

Adventurer
And had a surprise.

Not other damage at all except this;

the screen is melted. What is your theory?

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0217_resize.JPG

Wow! That's not good... Ember from a campfire that got in there when you were closing it last? Or maybe a chemical reaction with something like bug spray? Yikes! :Wow1:

eleblanc

Adventurer
Wow! That's not good... Ember from a campfire that got in there when you were closing it last? Or maybe a chemical reaction with something like bug spray? Yikes! :Wow1:

Last time i used it was last october, when i arrived home i openned up the tent to clean it, and there were no damage, then i close it for the winter. I left my m101 with tent on it most of the winter outside covered with a tarp.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
My guess is your thinkin' is along the wrong lines. That is not melted from heat but chemicals. Betcha there was something on the tent that the nylon in the screen didn't like but the nylon in the tent (guessing they are not the same) ignored.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
I am going with... it was their from your last trip and you missed it until now.

But it's a good possibility that... you have a rat who likes loose change and has a nasty habit...

Just keep an open mind.
:)

eleblanc

Adventurer
My guess is your thinkin' is along the wrong lines. That is not melted from heat but chemicals. Betcha there was something on the tent that the nylon in the screen didn't like but the nylon in the tent (guessing they are not the same) ignored.

No stains anywhere, very puzzling...

i've covered the hole with duct tap, until i can arrange something with Paul.

eleblanc

Adventurer
I am going with... it was their from your last trip and you missed it until now.

But it's a good possibility that... you have a rat who likes loose change and has a nasty habit...

Just keep an open mind.
:)

My last tripp was at the TLCA Fall gathering in New Hampshire, and there was never a fire anywhere close to the tent, closest was maybe 300-400 feet away. Chemical possible, but no stains anywhere. It is on the ladder side so no way i would have missed it?

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Weird stuff. If it was the nickel being heated in the noonday sun then wouldn't it have melted more of it? And would it (the nickel) even get that hot to begin with? Sure hope that we find out why.

Snagger

Explorer
Have you got any teenagers who may have been playing with the tent and smoking in it while you were at working or away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78