I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
A few more Carli parts trickled in. Still undecided on wheels, also trying to track down 37x12.5x18 Toyo RT Trails locally is proving difficult. I just ordered the Banks Monster Exhaust kit as well, I can't stand the silly twin tip Ford puts on the Super Duty and it's extremely restrictive necking down to 2.44" at the junction. I might get the Banks Ram Air when it comes available as well.
You've done more to your truck in a month than I have to in mine in a year +, lol

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
And this is one of the slowest to start builds I've done in recent years too lol.
Probably cause really it's pretty much ready to go out of the box...
I think if I ever got a Tremor, I'd order the factory winch, maaaaybe stuff in 37's and call it done.
Not having a build project on the go is cheaper for me. Plus it allows more time for me to encourage otherS to lighten their wallets....

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Probably cause really it's pretty much ready to go out of the box...
I think if I ever got a Tremor, I'd order the factory winch, maaaaybe stuff in 37's and call it done.
Not having a build project on the go is cheaper for me. Plus it allows more time for me to encourage otherS to lighten their wallets....

I thought about cheapening out and getting the ReadyLift level for it and slapping 37's on the stock wheels and calling it done, I am still considering the 37's on stock wheels. The '23's have different arms and allow for 37's with the stock +40mm offset wheels (some assume we will see a 37 Tremor option soon) so if I can get a swap for the '20-22 Tremor wheels, which I much prefer, I might go that route. It's easy enough to change out wheels once I already have the proper tires and I still haven't chosen an aftermarket wheel that I like so it's a possibility. The Carli stuff is a done deal, just gotta find the tires and decide on wheels.

The factory winch has lots of negative reviews behind it. It's not waterproof, it doesn't handle pulls at an angle well and can bend the brackets, small spool, line getting damaged on the bumper and fairlead, etc., not to mention that you need another bracket for the '23 MY trucks that doesn't come with the winch. I am likely going to install it still but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exploring aftermarket winch bumpers as well haha.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I thought about cheapening out and getting the ReadyLift level for it and slapping 37's on the stock wheels and calling it done, I am still considering the 37's on stock wheels. The '23's have different arms and allow for 37's with the stock +40mm offset wheels (some assume we will see a 37 Tremor option soon) so if I can get a swap for the '20-22 Tremor wheels, which I much prefer, I might go that route. It's easy enough to change out wheels once I already have the proper tires and I still haven't chosen an aftermarket wheel that I like so it's a possibility. The Carli stuff is a done deal, just gotta find the tires and decide on wheels.

The factory winch has lots of negative reviews behind it. It's not waterproof, it doesn't handle pulls at an angle well and can bend the brackets, small spool, line getting damaged on the bumper and fairlead, etc., not to mention that you need another bracket for the '23 MY trucks that doesn't come with the winch. I am likely going to install it still but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exploring aftermarket winch bumpers as well haha.
Well there ya go. I hadn't done any research on the factory winch. Just figured it was an easy peasy solution. Now I know.

WW Cyclist

I'm in the same boat with the winch situation. Prefer to get a 16.5, but finding a bumper has proven to be a bit difficult for the '23.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle