In the field repair shots

pwc

Explorer
Looking back through some photos I found I have a number of semi-goofy shots of people crawling under and on trucks out in the field. And thus a thread idea was started.

Bonus points given if there are more than 5 people standing around watching the repair. No garage or driveway shots, but along side the road counts.

050703-162339-4818_std.jpg

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Bent the steering components... about 20+ people watching, including women and children.:sombrero:

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
Ill play!

1- popping the B pillar out of the passenger's seat after falling in "The Firehole"
2- Welding a cracked Birfield because it was the last spare anyone in the group had
3- Not really a repair, but lots of people standing around

I recently cleaned out my picture files- I thought I had a bunch more. Tacozona has one of my wife helping me change a greasy birf with her engagement ring glinting from the flash!

blupaddler

Conspirator
Baja...Broken/torn Power steering return line.
There was about five people, possibly more at one time supervising, I mean observing.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Robb adjusting the flux capacitor or looking for his manifold lunch. I'm not sure which......:removeredX:

0utback

Observer
Over heating problem, I think, not mine. We were really working them that day alot of the trail was axle deep with some sections deeper. We stopped here for a quick underhood check.

01-07-Snowrun2.jpg

Another buddy after the run... doin the "kick the snow out of the rims" dance!

OpenrunatCampHughsJan28022.jpg

More recently (in the background) a buddy taping up an intake and checking the breathers before the crossing - "just in case".

Apr1st07-13.jpg

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
blupaddler said:
Baja...Broken/torn Power steering return line.
There was about five people, possibly more at one time supervising, I mean observing.

I resemble that remark :jump:

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Here are a few, I know I have more just will have to find them.

So first, Ben fixing Joe's truck befor it left the trailer. Brian is first to go over for the day. Zach and his many blown beads(can we say beadlocks). Ben on his side(and not the last time). Steve Crase with a blown birf. Last is the cause of the birf, trying to pull Greg out of a big drift.

Last edited:

big sky trapper

Adventurer
from this weekend...buddy's truck lost a fan belt. between us we had every size spare BUT the one needed haha. 550 cord works great in a pinch! lasted nearly 60 miles then the fan clutch came aprt.....
P4130089.jpg

P4130088.jpg

articulate

Expedition Leader
Desertdude said:
I resemble that remark :jump:
HA! Give yourself some credit, bro. At least you're usually doing something important:
desert_dude2.jpg

That's you filming Mario doing some wonder-work on a Disco that shall remain nameless:
mario_fixing_2.jpg

BTW: Ain't there supposed to be a dvd available for sale that gives us your perspective on that little event . . . hmmmm?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
articulate said:
BTW: Ain't there supposed to be a dvd available for sale that gives us your perspective on that little event . . . hmmmm?

I think there are supposed to be a couple of DVD's available....I think if he'd quit trying to earn a living and focus on our entertainment a bit more, we'd have our DVD's!

:gunt:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I only wish I had my video cam on when Robb was working the magic on his 80 (I will have to re check the footage):lurk:

Thanks for posting those photos Mark - I was thinking of those exact shots...

[Side note]
Yes both ECDD/ET.06 DVD's have been finished :violent-smiley-031: (I am on the AOE.07 DVD now) who has time for a real job :ylsmoke:

:::

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Any extra points for a dog supervising?

Here is our very own Goodtimes working on a broken shock with his pooch Cherokee supervising. :xxrotflma

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Funny...I don't remember having two midget kayaks strapped to the roof of my jeep....nor do I recall having that goofy door mounted so high on the passenger side....

:peepwall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan