In the field repair shots

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
shattered Birfield

BogusBlake said:
I recently cleaned out my picture files- I thought I had a bunch more. Tacozona has one of my wife helping me change a greasy birf with her engagement ring glinting from the flash!
I had to dig deep through my photo archive to find these, but it's well worth it!!
  1. assessing the carnage of the Birfield joint damage
  2. this is where the Birf barfs
  3. they don't normally look like this
  4. successful field repair! (but don't let that engagement ring get dirty)
Good thing he carries tools & spares. But I think sometimes the rock crawler guys actually like breaking down - so that they get to fix stuff.
:Mechanic:

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
stock Tacoma tires

Not sure if changing a tire counts as a field repair, but here a few shots of destroyed BFG "Rugged" Trail tires:
  1. This was the last run I did with my 2WD Tacoma. Two weeks later I sold it & bought a 4WD. =)
  2. This is what happens when you drive too fast on a washboard road with a heavy load. I was following BogusBlake when it happened, and there was quite an explosion of dust!

:elkgrin:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
tacozona said:
Not sure if changing a tire counts as a field repair, but here a few shots of destroyed BFG "Rugged" Trail tires:

You had a few more miles left on that tire no? :elkgrin:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Expedition Trophy '06, overland route:
Ed Beggy's Toyota FJ40 breaks a motor mount

Jonathan Hanson and Ed Beggy working from above...

fj40repair01.jpg

Mark F'n Stephens working from below...

fj40repair02.jpg

Jonathan stops at nothing to finish the job...

fj40repair03.jpg

In the end, the motor mount was fixed with a combination of bailing wire and hose clamps. Ed drove it for the remainder of the overland route and all the way back to Tucson :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior