Incredible Looking Chairs at Expo

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
What exactly makes them impractical? If I take $5,000 worth of camera gear camping, does that make the camera impractical?

So do I, but I don't put my cameras in the dirt and sit on them. then toss them in the back of the truck, drive and repeat.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I've sat in these before, they are comfy, for a few minutes, then you feel like you're in a recliner. I prefer a level seatpan and more upright seat back. To each his own though. :coffeedrink:

Scott Brady

Founder
People buy $600 golf clubs all the time... That is a lot harder to understand than a campaign chair that will last my lifetime. Thick canvas, buffalo leather reinforcement and hardwood frame with brass fittings.

I am sitting in the Lewis and Drake chair right now, in the dirt, in the Bradshaw mountains. They are not for everyone, and that is perfectly understandable. To each his own.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I wish I knew how to sit in my Lewis Drake chairs. While sitting in one in the Bradshaw Mountains and talking on the Internet......in my own Outback Forum!.......:costumed-smiley-007

To me....It would be the very special kind of thing you would buy that would last you more than a lifetime. All the while making very special memories with your family. And you can't wait until you can pass them down to your children's, children!:ylsmoke:

Hum! If you amortize them over several lifetimes.....they are Free!:victory:

Dude! Sweet!:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
People buy $600 golf clubs all the time... That is a lot harder to understand than a campaign chair that will last my lifetime. Thick canvas, buffalo leather reinforcement and hardwood frame with brass fittings.

I am sitting in the Lewis and Drake chair right now, in the dirt, in the Bradshaw mountains. They are not for everyone, and that is perfectly understandable. To each his own.

Well Scott, I expect that it is little different than me hunting birds with a $20,000 shotgun. Sometimes you just have to have it.

BTW, it's Lewis Drake - he is a gun dealer in high end firearms, but sells other gear as well.

Mike S

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
the chair I sit in when I camp is over $5000... he he he

Thanks for the laugh Corbin...

You forgot to post a picture of your chair, so I'll do it for you:
warmer%20093.JPG

Ok back on topic, A chair is a chair and to each their own in regards to what they pay for the chair, as long as they are happy with the chair, then it is a good purchase.

I dig the quality, look and materials of these chairs.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I dunno if I'd pay $20,000 for a gun that's missing its barrel. I mean, my Nagant was $69.99 and it has one.

JK :victory:

bigreen505

Expedition Leader
These chairs seem crazy expensive if you just think they are fancy camp chairs, but they are not. They are very high end furniture that you can take camping. They are far nicer than anything in my house and easily on par with my parents' heirloom antiques. They are very comfortable and the build and materials quality are as good as anything I have ever seen anywhere. Just stop thinking they are camp chairs. Whether they are worth the price tag is a personal call, but I challenge you to find anything that matches the quality and style for less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior