Interest in a Hannibal awning group buy

ScottReb

Adventurer
Good to know about the fit/flex. It may end up being better to mount it to a separate 1x2 that has a stronger mount to the rack. I had envisioned L shaped brackets mounted to the flat part of the rack with the 2x2 then mounted to that and awning to the 1x2. Have to see how it goes. Maybe we can get together with some other SF area guys and look at options??
Scott

ThomD

Explorer
Good to know about the fit/flex. It may end up being better to mount it to a separate 1x2 that has a stronger mount to the rack. I had envisioned L shaped brackets mounted to the flat part of the rack with the 2x2 then mounted to that and awning to the 1x2. Have to see how it goes. Maybe we can get together with some other SF area guys and look at options??
Scott

Sure. It's always nice to have somebody else to bounce my crazy ideas off.

Steve UK

Adventurer
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this thread because about the time it started I had just bought my Hannibal awning. I thought you might be interested how I have mounted mine.

I went for a 2.4m awning on a small 4x4 as I wanted the largest awning possible, I was a little apprehensive as to its size but I am happy with the result.

As to the flex, when open it does flex if you pull on it but under its own weight is fine however I do plan to strengthen the front section. I plan to make a small aluminium roof box at the front which the awning bracket will bolt to (awning sides to go in there which Santa is bringing). The problem I had with making my own bracket was getting the material, the Hannibal bracket requires 2" x 1" with rounded edges which I could not find. I made some profiled shims to get around this.

Finally you are all going to love them, really good awnings I cannot wait to use mine :)

more pictures in my Album.

Steve

attachment.php

ScottReb

Adventurer
Great looking truck Steve! Driving us crazy with the TD5 on the side. Looks very cool with the 2.4 on a 90 too. Thanks for the tips and real world experience.

Scott

jah310

Adventurer
Missed the buy / any other place to purchase?

I'm bummed I missed this group buy as I'm looking for a 1.4 for the back of my 2010 Tacoma. Any idea where I might be able to buy one. I've tried the Hannibal USA website but the site seems to be down for maintenance? Any other idea as to where I could purchase one - much appreciated. Thanks.

Steve UK

Adventurer
Great looking truck Steve! Driving us crazy with the TD5 on the side. Looks very cool with the 2.4 on a 90 too. Thanks for the tips and real world experience.

Scott

Thanks Scott, yes sorry about the TD5. Only another 11 years before they are 25 years old :-( I will pop back when I get my sides fitted.

Steve

mvbeggs

Adventurer
I'm bummed I missed this group buy as I'm looking for a 1.4 for the back of my 2010 Tacoma. Any idea where I might be able to buy one. I've tried the Hannibal USA website but the site seems to be down for maintenance? Any other idea as to where I could purchase one - much appreciated. Thanks.

Call Ashley at Moby1 Trailers. They are the new US distributor for Hannibal.

Richietherocket

Adventurer
Hello Scott,
Was wondering if there are enough people that there could be another group buy for these?

I have been in contact with Moby1 and they are already sold out of the first batch of awnings, they are not doing another order until March 2013
The biggest kicker here is the price they are wanting to charge for these. Let's just say they are very proud of the product to the point where I think I could order from overseas and still save money.

This was a great group buy and I wish I could have gotten on it the first go around.

Any thoughts would be great.

Rich

hobietony

Explorer
Anyone looked into getting these back to Arizona yet? If someone else is has figured out a way (that I can coat tail on to...), I will be happy to split costs. If not, I'll need to look into something myself. Thanks!

T

koly

Observer
Anyone looked into getting these back to Arizona yet? If someone else is has figured out a way (that I can coat tail on to...), I will be happy to split costs. If not, I'll need to look into something myself. Thanks!

T
I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm in AZ so we should put our heads together...

ScottReb

Adventurer
Awnings are complete and at the shipper!!! Waiting on flight availability. Maybe out this weekend. If all goes perfect I may be able to pick up next friday. More likely the following week though.

For HobieTony and Koly, did you guys contact the transport guy I pointed you towards? I still think that will be the cheapest.

For everyone: Please advise how you would like to get yours shipped. 2 of you have already told me, now I need your FedEx and UPS acct numbers. CA guys: I will hold in place as long as you need or you can meet me in SF if that works. If you can PM or better yet email me. My email is coolrn at gmail.com.

Thanks guys.
Scott

forty4fun

Observer
shipping info

Scott,

Sent PM with account information to ship awning out to me.

Santa is being kind to me this year!

Thanks

Dave
Forty4fun

ScottReb

Adventurer
Update guys. As of yesterday still waiting to get on a plane. I guess this is the part everyone says add a month to whatever they tell ya! Ill keep ya posted.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle