Interest in a Hannibal awning group buy

ScottReb

Adventurer
Just heard back from Hannibal. Was out of work for last week. Awnings left last week. Probably sitting in US now. I will get paperwork to broker tomorrow. Will update tomorrow or thursday.
Woohoo!!

ScottReb

Adventurer
Hey guys. Kind of frustrated with Hannibal. Slow to respond to my emails, not getting all the info with each email. Sorry I have not posted more here. Just got word today with flight number and flight invoices. Awnings were held in J'Burg for a while (was told they had "left" evidently that meant the shop!), now stuck in Heathrow. I do have a flight number into SFO. It appears it will go out on 12-23. Fingers crossed. Just as several people have told me, getting stuff from South Africa is not a quick simple process. But they will get here. I will post as soon as I get confirmation that they leave the UK.
Thanks and everyone have a Merry Christmas.
Scott

ScottReb

Adventurer
Hey guys, just contacted by US customs. They received notification that shipment is inbound to US. Should be here this weekend. If all goes well I should be able to pick up Jan 3-4. I will continue to update as I get info. Thanks and have a great weekend!
Scott

ScottReb

Adventurer
Merry Christmas everyone. Awnings are in SF!! Payments sent today for freight company. Still on track for picking up next week. I should know more monday or wednesday. Have a great New Year!
Scott

ScottReb

Adventurer
So as luck would have it got an email last night stating paperwork complete pick up ASAP. Luckily I was off today. Down to SF and deal forwarders, brokers and freight. But it is all done. Awnings are loaded up and now I have race back sac to pick up my kids. I will update tonight. Wish I has more heads up. Very disjointed process. Driving home now. Talk to you all tonight.
Scott

DMOZ

Scott-thanks for handling all this. Really appreciate you taking lead and look forward to seeing the final product.

ScottReb

Adventurer
Hey all. I will get the awnings out to those who gave me their info this thursday or friday. I am headed to San Francisco area thursday. If that helps anyone. I am also ok holding on to them until everyone get it squared away. No worries there. Just let me know.
The best way to contact is via email. coolrn at gmail.com.
Scott
PS no I dont have any pics yet! Sorry busy with holidays etc.

ScottReb

Adventurer
So the awnings are all unpacked from the bundles they were in. Still individually wrapped.

Couple things FYI. Measurements i.e. 2.4 and 1.9 are the width of the awning material no the the rack. Rack adds quite a bit. Like 6". But the 1.4 is nowhere near 1.4M, not even the rack. This will mean Im back to fabbing up my mounts. Not sure the back as the the rack mounts are angled in approx 30 deg. Otherwise my 2 examples look perfect. No issues noted.

Now shipping.
TTN done
DDub done
Forty done
DMOZ done
Mike Tsay done

That leaves 4 of you.

Toymaster
Koly
Burt-who is kinda local
Hobie Tony

Let me know what you would like. I will be sending the others out by both UPS and Fed Ex, so if you can wait I will post by friday the actual costs to get them to SoCal and HI. It will give you an idea. I know Hobie and Koly are both relatively close, both AZ anyway. Toymaster is WY so probably pretty close mileage wise.

Mauka2Makai

Explorer
Scott, I know I'm kinda late getting to this group buy... But I am very interested in a 2.4m. If there are any extras or no shows consider it sold and let me know. Thank you, -Deyon.

ScottReb

Adventurer
Deyon,
No luck but I know several folks have contacted me wanting Hannibals info. So Im betting another GB will be happening.

koly

Observer
That leaves 4 of you.

Toymaster
Koly
Burt-who is kinda local
Hobie Tony

Hobie Tony was conversing with the MudShip guy, but we weren't sure when the awnings were due to arrive and how they'd jibe with MudShip's schedule. now that they're in, we'll follow up and see what's what.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears