Interior lighting

simple

Adventurer
I'm shopping interior lighting and am wondering what other people's experience has been?

There is the usual Amazon Alibaba express but I'm hoping to find something slightly higher quality. Not much better on RV sites so I'm going to start combing the marine world.

I'm specifically looking for LED, warm, dimmable, no flicker, surface mounted, integrated switches. It's also nice when the light can be wired to a remote switched as well.

Last edited:

Dave in AZ

Watching. I found a few decent looking on Amazon, but too mant 1 star failure reviews on most. I found a link to expensive ones used in Alucab, and another often recommended was MattGecko, also expensive.

Alloy

I've used fixtures from both of these companies

Also installed these which provide good lumen/watt.

simple

Adventurer
I've used fixtures from both of these companies

Also installed these which provide good lumen/watt.
Thanks for the links.

I saw more Gustafson products on etrailer and was wondering how the quality is.

andy_b

I used a tunable white (not red-green-blue which can also make white) LED adhesive strip light and Superbright LED’s MiBoxer controller and wall mounted switch to control two separate LED circuits. The MiBoxer controller allows you to use your phone to control the lights. The wall mounted switch allows independent control if the phone isn’t handy.

The lights are mounted in aluminum channel designed for LED strip lights. They come with a diffuser lens which improves the quality of the light output. I mounted these channels so they are pointed upwards towards the ceiling to act as indirect lighting. I ended up getting the channel on Amazon because it was a lot cheaper than at Superbright LEDs.

The aluminum channel is the gray strip near the wall/ceiling below:
229657B0-E9B6-4F5E-9C15-BFD83D354585.jpeg

Lights on:
9C57F22C-E70D-47DE-A901-D0E8739DD2AC.jpeg

danneskjold

I used a tunable white (not red-green-blue which can also make white) LED adhesive strip light and Superbright LED’s MiBoxer controller and wall mounted switch to control two separate LED circuits. The MiBoxer controller allows you to use your phone to control the lights. The wall mounted switch allows independent control if the phone isn’t handy.

The lights are mounted in aluminum channel designed for LED strip lights. They come with a diffuser lens which improves the quality of the light output. I mounted these channels so they are pointed upwards towards the ceiling to act as indirect lighting. I ended up getting the channel on Amazon because it was a lot cheaper than at Superbright LEDs.

The aluminum channel is the gray strip near the wall/ceiling below:
View attachment 807910

Lights on:
View attachment 807909

Do you have better (close up) photos of how your lights are mounted? What direction is the light beam facing? That looks super clean!

simple

Adventurer
I ordered 4 boxes of these and inspected one. The emitted light is nice. The controls work well. Easy to dim. When turned of at the switch on the light, they remain off independent of remote switch. When left on and turned off remotely they remember their settings. Since this is a party trailer I'm excited about the blue night light feature.

Description since the amazon link wont last long.

acegoo RV Ceiling Dome Light 4.5 Inch 12V Overhead LED Puck Light for Motorhome Boat Camper Trailer Truck Car, Surface Mount CRI90+ 4-Pack (3000K with Blue Nightlight)​

Larry-Cleveland

I am planning on using some old school Track Lighting. It will be wired for 12 volts. I will have modified lights, fans, USB plugs, hooks, etc. so that they can be moved around as needed.

The track is thick enough so that I can run a string of remote programable LED strips on the edge. I like the WYZE LED strings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan