Intro - Ford Excursion ExPo Style

Rusty-Ford

Observer
AWESOME! I have always loved this rig. Keep us updated with your adventures and upgrades.
I have an expedition i would like to do something like this with.

biglos454

Adventurer
lol im a hardcore chevrolet man and my buddies will probably kill me if they see this post, but i gota say that is a very nice excursion! im a huge fan of full size rigs and that excursion is as big as they get lol. did u add the swing outs to that road armor bumper or is that an option from road armor? ive always liked the look of road armor bumpers. ive been wanting to get a set for my 02 gmc daily driver and the swing outs would be really cool.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Question on what sort of mileage do you get... I figure it's 'not that bad' actually? I've been digging my new Superduty, always considering options :)

AZJP

Observer
brut4s - I'll work on getting some interior shots.

biglos454 - I'm not a huge Ford fan myself, but I love Excursions. No other truck like them. Regarding the bumper, Road Armor sells the swing out tire carrier, but the jerry can holder was custom made.

dieselcruiserhead - Mileage: On our recent trip to CO, fully loaded, through the mountains with a lot of highway driving, I got about 11 MPG. Around town it is usually between 9.5 and 10.5. So I'd say 'not that good' actually! I have the SuperChips tune set on 'tow' mode which supposedly increases mileage - I can't confirm that as I didn't use it w/o the tune enough. Luckily the tank holds 44 gallons.

JamesDowning

Explorer
JamesDowning - No way we are just keeping this thing on the 'open road'. This is our family offroad adventure vehicle. Last month we did the San Juans in Colorado for a week. Next month we are planning on visiting some of the more remote, lesser traveled areas of Southern Utah. El Camino Del Diablo is also a short trip on our to do list.

Oh my apologies. I didn't mean my comment that way. I meant... have you planned any more modifications? A winch or something maybe?

AZJP

Observer
Oh, ha ha. Any more mods? Actually I've done quite a bit in the short time I've owned it. The biggest being the rear locker, MOLLE seat organizers, and new fridge. Little things like the '07 headlights, powerdercoating some things black, new hi-lift, and spare parts. Also, I just ordered some more maps for the Baja 540c and a backup camera.

One thing on my list would be some sort of custom heavy duty cargo net that goes across the rear to separate the cargo area from my dog area (where the 3rd row of seats would be). I just used a bunch of ratcheting tie downs on our last trip strung between the tops of the 3rd row seat belts and the forward cargo tie downs on the floor. Worked pretty well and would stop most anything from entering the passenger area.

Also want:
Custom center console
Reweld roof rack to make it a couple inches lower so it fits in my garage
Stronger brake calipers
Skid plates
Rear flood light
Move the air compressor intake up higher (maybe inside)
Oil Guard oil filter system

Bella PSD

Explorer
dieselcruiserhead - Mileage: On our recent trip to CO, fully loaded, through the mountains with a lot of highway driving, I got about 11 MPG. Around town it is usually between 9.5 and 10.5. So I'd say 'not that good' actually! I have the SuperChips tune set on 'tow' mode which supposedly increases mileage - I can't confirm that as I didn't use it w/o the tune enough. Luckily the tank holds 44 gallons.

That doesn't sound right?? Have you checked your Odometer? It might be way off. Mine is of 9% with 35's. 11 mpg is what I get off road all day in deep sand. On the street I couldn't even get close to that bad. More like 17mpg full loaded 70 plus mph highway. Wish I had that 44 gallon tank mounted in the back of my SuperDuty!!

Louie

BTW, SUPER EX!!! I remember this Ex way back when on theDieselStop. PM me if you want some International T 444E badges....

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Boy I would be super psyched if I could talk you into a couple.. :) I was looking for a big oldschool esque Intl badge to replace the spot where the Ford emblem once was...

AZJP

Observer
Bella PSD-
Yes, my odometer is still off a little bit - it was corrected for the large tires as much as possible. I do my calculations with my GPS. The MPG figures are correct. I just got back from Utah and it did a bit better since it was mostly flat. Spent a lot of $ on diesel, but we had a lot of fun in the middle of nowhere!

Stan the Man-

No 4 wheel steering for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears