INTRODUCING THE GOAT SHELL!!! A lightweight hard sided popup up camper shell.

Goat Shells

Hello fellow adventurers!

I am currently in the process of starting up a new company dubbed Goat Shells which will be producing lightweight , hard sided, popup camper shells and NEED YOUR HELP! I am a semifinalist in an entrepreneurship contest with my company in order to gain capital to start production of the Goat Shell. In order to solidify a win though I need to show the judges how much interest there is out there in a hard sided, popup camper shell. Please answer in this thread if you would be interested in possibly buying a Goat Shell when they come into production. Even though I can't give you much information right now on things such as designs and prototypes due to patents I can tell you the Goat Shell will be under 300 lbs and will give you 6 feet 6 inches of hard sided head room when it's in the popped up position! Also it will be more economical than competitors (cough cough Hiatus Campers) without sacrificing on build quality. Please help a fellow overlander out with his dream of starting a business and reply below if your interested. Thanks so much for your time. Hopefully you'll be my customers soon!

P.S. The name Goat shell is inspired by the mystical mountain goat because just like the mountain goat the Goat shell can go over any terrain as long as the vehicle it's on is capable!

erstwild

Need to put your details on a website, teaser pics, etc.. A lot of good options on the market nowadays. No basis to generate hype otherwise.

Goat Shells

Here are some renderings done back in the very beginning stages. Think a camper shell version of an Alaskan Camper i.e. not a slide in but just a shell.

Popped Up

1604105359536.png

Popped Down

1604105528717.png

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Hmmmmm, fully hard sided....pretty nice idea.

I’d have serious interest in something like that for my full sized chevy, but only if the top didn’t stick up too high because I’d want to be able to park my truck in my garage (7’ door). Right now, I don’t think any of the GFC, ATC, etc pop up shells would let me do that and that’s why I haven’t bought one.

jadmt

ignore button user
big issue I can see is for most short bed trucks ie 5.5-6.5' boxes sleeping is going to be tough. Need some kind of cab over to have a sleeping platform long enough.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader

I’d have serious interest in something like that for my full sized chevy, but only if the top didn’t stick up too high because I’d want to be able to park my truck in my garage (7’ door). Right now, I don’t think any of the GFC, ATC, etc pop up shells would let me do that and that’s why I haven’t bought one.

If you are limited to 7' will any 3/4 - 1 ton fit alone?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
big issue I can see is for most short bed trucks ie 5.5-6.5' boxes sleeping is going to be tough. Need some kind of cab over to have a sleeping platform long enough.

Perhaps the shell could be built a bit wider for a full sized truck, maybe 74” inside width. So then with a 6.5’ bed truck for example, you could have a 2’ deep sideways couch across the front that folds out into a 4’ wide bed.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Also intrigued and interested! What about the rear door? Should have two options I think- typical flip up, as well as a full door. May be tough with the lifting top??

Goat Shells

We are also working on a cabover version to accommodate for all the short beds out there!

Goat Shells

Also intrigued and interested! What about the rear door? Should have two options I think- typical flip up, as well as a full door. May be tough with the lifting top??
Our main rear door design is something that is completely unique to the popup camper shell market. It will consist of two panels connected to each other via linear guides that will open up through the use of gas struts. When in the lowered position both panels will be on top of each other to allow easy access. Then when you pop the Goat Shell up all you have to do is pull the back panel down on the guides and you will then have an approximate 6 foot tall rear entrance door that will open upward. A plus to this is it can also be utilized as a small awning!

Goat Shells

I feel you on the short garage problem. Sadly though as of right now the Goat Shell will have to stick up a little over the cab in order to get the full 6 foot 6 inches of headroom when popped up. We are however currently working on a three panel popup (instead of the two panel that you see in the rendering) that could fix this problem. With this design the shell would be level with the top of your trucks cab which would allow you to park in your garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan