InvisibleOne's BugOut Build.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
We had the same A.R.E. cap for years on our truck. I'd 2nd the comments about keeping the roof of it white. We had our interior carpeted and insulated right from the factory, but it would still get stifling hot in there

On another build thread in this forum, one member added these which I thought would be a great option to exhaust stale, hot air

Cool thing is they're solar powered so once installed, you forget about them and dont ahve to worry about batteries or turning them on or off

InvisibleOne

OverANYlander
Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate the input. I've decided that the roof will indeed stay white. That makes good sense and is a decent compromise between practicality and vanity. It's even making me consider painting the top of the truck white as well.

On the insulation, I'll look at the pink foam, but I'm definately panelling the interior with wood and aluminum. I'm a woodworker by trade so I have too. The rigid board will definately go in faster than the spray stuff but I hear the new icenyne spray foam is getting real good and I don't think off gassing is a big issue with it. I'll research it more before I make my decision. I do like the r value per inch of the foam, almost R7 vs. rigid at around R4.

I've found a good source for small kits here:

http://www.sprayfoamdirect.com/products/spray-foam-kits

I know they are using alot of this stuff in homes these days so I'm thinking it's pretty safe now but the shell is a far tighter confined space and off gassing is something to be concerned about. I don't like the idea of VOCs....

Pat, I like those little vents, thanks for the link. The reviews aren't too good on them. Primarily the complaint about them being noisy. I may buy one just to test it out before making a final determination. They are cheap enough, alot cheaper than a fantasic vent, but I want a roof vent in there anyway so I may just buck up and get one of those. Well see how my eBay-ing goes but the vent needs to go in before the insulation so I guess thats my first thing along with the wiring..

Sub Urban.... you know its coming....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior