Isuzu NPR 4x4 Beast! - Rebelzilla by Rebel Off Road

ScottReb

Adventurer
Has anyone gotten any photos of the front suspension? Curious to see what type of spring buckets, room with DS and diff, etc.

Quig1ey

Don’t mean to resurrect such an old post, but just wanted to note that this truck is now for sale, complete as pictured from SEMA.

Spoke to them about it, but it doesn’t meet my needs, however they’re asking approx $120k for the truck.
Not bad for the amount of custom work that was done on it.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Don’t mean to resurrect such an old post, but just wanted to note that this truck is now for sale, complete as pictured from SEMA.

Spoke to them about it, but it doesn’t meet my needs, however they’re asking approx $120k for the truck.
Not bad for the amount of custom work that was done on it.

4WD truck and cabin for $120k, or 4WD truck only?

javajoe79

Fabricator
On the phone they said it was $120k for everything. Truck is as pictured at the trade shows.
Pretty good price considering the suspension and drivetrain under that truck. The box is a bit short for a camper though. You can't stand inside it.

yabanja

Explorer
The construction methods of the suspension and 4x4 conversion are ill advised IMHO. Rather than building proper bolt on bracketry they welded everything to the frame directly. Not positive about the Isuzu, but on the Fuso welding to the frame is specifically prohibited. The truck was really built for show not go in the long run. For a properly engineered and constructed Isuzu 4x4 conversion I would purchase one of the Core builds offered by Earthcruiser.

javajoe79

Fabricator
The construction methods of the suspension and 4x4 conversion are ill advised IMHO. Rather than building proper bolt on bracketry they welded everything to the frame directly. Not positive about the Isuzu, but on the Fuso welding to the frame is specifically prohibited. The truck was really built for show not go in the long run. For a properly engineered and constructed Isuzu 4x4 conversion I would purchase one of the Core builds offered by Earthcruiser.
I doubt there there will ever be issues with the fabrication they did. It’s built differently because it’s no loner a commercial truck. There are reasons for bolting or riveting everything like the factory does and none of that really applies here imo. This thing is probably more flexible and off-road capable than any other npr or fuso that I’ve ever seen.

Deleted Member 183

That awfully lightweight driveline for that size of truck. I guess it could handle an aluminum flatbed with ice chest and a Cabela's wall tent! :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, but it really irks me when people/ company's turn capable work trucks into "show boat" toys just to get some gearhead nitwits into their booths at SEMA. If they would have bought the "REAL" driveline for that size of truck... I would have been impressed!

Ultimark

I don't know... the front axle weight is a little less than the current NPS, but overall it's not that different from the older NPS models.
They're only a 6 tonne truck.

I agree with you about the older N series of Isuzu trucks being quite smaller in total allowable weight. The NPS and NPR seemed over the years to have moved ever upwards in tandem with identical maximum allowable vehicle weights. I would agree that that models NPS and NPR were around 6 tonne or 6000kg. The model after, and only for a short time I believe, were 6500 kg then onto todays NPS and NPR maxing out at 7500kg.

To the best of my knowledge, the heaviest N series is the NQR at 8700kg.

Mick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan