Its a dream but a good dream !

B85

Adventurer
I was asked (in a PM) what about water,LP,Lighting and Beer and tequila storage. Other things like setting up in bed,how many people are being planed for along with pet's.

Water = 120 + gallons ( chassis has room for a lot more)
Gray water = 200 + gal. (their will be a tank under the shower stall ( that's the first step down inside the camper at the door) The space below first step, is good for about 260 + gal.
LP = (2) 7 gal. 30# tanks.( this is on the driver's side just in-front of the Battery box)
Toilet = going to try thy composting type . Don't want a black water tank.
Lighting = Lots of LED and windows and a skylight or two ?
Power 120Volt = Honda 3000 watt on a pull out tray.Will find some space for extra fuel.
House battery's = Two Group 31's ? (to be charged from the Honda,Truck,and maybe some solar ?
Hot water= Going to try tankless. Using this on my Semi/RV and it works well but I'm not sure if it is using to much LP. Still testing.
Box Heat = LP heater think it a 25,000 btu.
AC cooling = may try a wall unit ? and lots of fans.I have a RV a/c unit I could use but I'm trying to keep things off the roof.

Need some help with building with a RV windows that are mounted in a frame that can be pushed open and have just on full opening. With a Velcro screen on the inside when open.
Maybe a welded steel frame powder-coated with the RV window mounted to it ? Ideas ?

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
Give me a call later in the week. We have an Aussie couple doing an 8 x 16 Isuzu at our place at the moment.

java

Expedition Leader
I was asked (in a PM) what about water,LP,Lighting and Beer and tequila storage. Other things like setting up in bed,how many people are being planed for along with pet's.

Water = 120 + gallons ( chassis has room for a lot more)
Gray water = 200 + gal. (their will be a tank under the shower stall ( that's the first step down inside the camper at the door) The space below first step, is good for about 260 + gal.
LP = (2) 7 gal. 30# tanks.( this is on the driver's side just in-front of the Battery box)
Toilet = going to try thy composting type . Don't want a black water tank.
Lighting = Lots of LED and windows and a skylight or two ?
Power 120Volt = Honda 3000 watt on a pull out tray.Will find some space for extra fuel.
House battery's = Two Group 31's ? (to be charged from the Honda,Truck,and maybe some solar ?
Hot water= Going to try tankless. Using this on my Semi/RV and it works well but I'm not sure if it is using to much LP. Still testing.
Box Heat = LP heater think it a 25,000 btu.
AC cooling = may try a wall unit ? and lots of fans.I have a RV a/c unit I could use but I'm trying to keep things off the roof.

Need some help with building with a RV windows that are mounted in a frame that can be pushed open and have just on full opening. With a Velcro screen on the inside when open.
Maybe a welded steel frame powder-coated with the RV window mounted to it ? Ideas ?

Can I give my 2c?

More batteries, less heat.

I have 4 250AH 6v's and I can go 3-4 days wo/ charging easily. Same for heat, I have not seen details of your insulation plans yet (i dont think!) but a well insulated box doesn't need much. Mine is 7x12 and a very tall roof, we have the 3500W webasto (~12k btu) it cooks us. Propane will have a bit less of a cool down cycle on the burner, but over sizing heaters sucks.

I have the Suburban IW60 on demand unit, compact but takes a min to get hot, if your just doing a quick squirt here or there it doesn't heat well it seems, it wants a constant flow.

B85

Adventurer
More battery's I can do. But less heat ? IT's the desert ! LOL

1" Glass-wood-glass outside wall with 2 1/2" foam in inside,3" in the ceiling and 3" in the floor (sprayed in).

Have been learning about adjusting my tank less. I'm getting closer to the way it needs to be,but ?
Was up at 6000 ft. and had to adjust again. Its the less BTU's going up thing.

As for heaters ? have a 12,000 and a 24,000 ? I need heat like 3 times a year. But the future owner will probable like more ? Need to think ( "after me?")

For to day I got the side mounting rail's drilled and temp mounted. Now need to pull the box back in and put back up on the can's and cut some strap off to clear the new mount.

May also do a off road test on Saturday if I get the box mounted. Would like to see how it works off road ?

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
I have 1.75" spray foam in the walls, 3.5" ceiling and zero floor. We have only been down to about 20. Floor freezes.....

But the cool down cycle on the webasto way over shoots the set temp. 12k is plenty it seems. Last time we ran a 1500w electric and it kept it warm at just under freezing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

B85

Adventurer
Spent 2 1/2 hours cutting and grinding 10 of 30 weld points on the box under side. This is where the box will weld to the new mount. Hot and dirty and I had hoped to be done in a hour for all of them ? Dumb *** !

May not get the box on for the off road test ? We will see.

B85

Adventurer
Started a 7:00 +- and just finished all the trimming of the box's old chassis. Dirty !

With luck will load and weld the box on to the chassis mounts on Friday.

Glad that's over. One of those,can't stand up,can't kneel down. Just need to hover ! LOL

B85

Adventurer
Yep.

Just think about working on the bottom of something held up by 55 gal. drum's. LOL

What was I thinking ? NOT !

Its all good. Now that its done and I can move on.

java

Expedition Leader
Some stair pics. These were mostly commercially available. I swear I had more, but this is all that's in my "ideas" folder ATM.

GXV, I don't remember the mfg, but if you google its out there, they mention GXV on their page.

35899413482_9c0d26838a_b.jpg

Commercial trailer version I liked, these would probably be the right height for you really if you do the step/shower/tank idea.

35899414892_04d2a219c0_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman