Its a dream but a good dream !

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Any idea about what the noise level is in the cab going down highway? I would for sure Dynamat that thing (maybe you covered that already). I'll never forget driving down I70 by Green River and I saw a Mog camper in front of us a ways, so I gunned it to check it out.. as we passed both male driver and female passenger turn in unison and watch us pass them.. no expressions on their faces..looking very hot... aviator glasses.... and huge hearing protection headsets. Having had my share of grumpy drives with my wife, I was glad to be in our Tundra, doing 80 mph, AC blowing with little noise.
My wife.. who being sane.. has no idea of Unimogs, or why someone would be wearing huge headphones in one, was very confused.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Noise level isn't too bad in these. I insulated mine more to keep the heat out but it did drop level a bit. I can carry on a conversion without any problem and don't wear hearing protection in mine.

B85

Adventurer
Its pretty loud in stock form. Dash has a sticker saying you need sound protection.

My plan will be to use a deaden-er (tar based with foil) then 1/2" foam pad then carpet. May also use some spray foam in hard to do areas ? Inside the motor room will add some aluminum covered foam. Should help with heat and sound ? Have it on my COE truck. Big thing is to stop panel vibrating.

I have a sound Ap. on my phone and will test it .

B85

Adventurer
A little set back. Wife has had to have a kidney removed for a growth. No "C" thank GOD but will not have the LMTV ready to go to Expo 2017 West.
So I will be taking the RV/Semi instead. Still have some work to do on it. But with the Wife down don't know how much will be finished.

Will be parked somewhere in the camping area. Stop buy and say "Hi" if any of you go. Hope to have the lift done for the Rhino ?+-.
Maybe even the bike carrier for the front ? Still working out the lift system.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Randy, sorry to hear about your wife. That kind of makes my kneecap sound pretty pathetic. We'll keep you both in our prayers. Hope you have a great time at Expo.

B85

Adventurer
Thanks, and you get better also.

We got the word just before Christmas and now its just to healing . But we didn't know about the "C" until they had a look at it.
6 weeks of down time for her and with luck she will go to the Expo.

Maybe we will see you next year ?

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Maybe we will see you next year ?

I'm already planning on it. And if I don't screw anything else up I'll have my LMTV at Big Bend in Oct for our second annual SS get together. I'm trying to get Adventure Driven convinced he needs to come and maybe you could get agazza to try out his build and you could all convoy down. I'm sure a group of that caliber could handle any emergency maintenance issues along the way.

B85

Adventurer
Been thinking about that for the LMTV with the camper but we will see. I will ask if Allan is going to go.

B85

Adventurer
Its not the Overland LMTV,but working on the Semi/Rv to take up to Overland Expo. I know its not the LMTV but so much is the same and will be used on the LMTV.

Added the LP heater. It will be under the seat in the main room.

Also started to close up the walls. This has been a very long build because I get distracted . LOL

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3620.JPG
    IMG_3620.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 63

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12