It's Baaack! And Gone Again! Highly-Capable 416-Based Unimog Expedition Motorhome

alliemac

I don't know whether to say "Ugh" or "Whew"!

I have been drooling over this thing since it came back on the market. :drool: But, I would have been a mog newbie and was concerned we'd be getting in over our heads. I had my husband on board and ready to catch a flight to Portland to check it out (we know RVs - and have one, he knows engines, and I know what I like...campermogs, apparently), but I know that our schedules wouldn't allow us to get to a project of this magnitude anytime soon...so, now instead of the angst of "how ridiculous is it that I want to buy that beast?" and talking about it practically every night I will potentially be kicking myself for not pulling the trigger. :p

Good luck to the new owners and I hope we'll get an update! I created an account here just so I could (finally) post and subscribe to this thread (and stop being a lurker who checks the thread daily).

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Good luck to the new owners and I hope we'll get an update! I created an account here just so I could (finally) post and subscribe to this thread (and stop being a lurker who checks the thread daily).
Boy, that makes me and Camper Mog proud. I'll see that we get an official update as soon as I can catch up with Chris.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'll see that we get an official update as soon as I can catch up with Chris.
There's not much of an update. Camper Mog will be laid up for a while to have the engines swapped and will have a major unveiling when she's done. I'll let everyone know as soon as I learn anything.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
That's was great, Trev. Thanks for posting it; it sure brought back memories. (The red and white polka dots on the air inlet show a certain sense of whimsy, don't they?)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I know this is a very old thread, but I am trying to locate the owner do this Unimog? Can anyone help me find them?
Justin, I suggest that you contact Jim Ince at Eurotech Services International and explain your interest to him. He may then be able to assist you.

Ok, thanks. I would love to buy this one, but mostly trying to get some info on the project. I'm torn between something like this and something more "toy hauler"-ish, but I want to buy in the next couple months. Thanks for the help.

Cheers
justin

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Ok, thanks. I would love to buy this one, but mostly trying to get some info on the project. I'm torn between something like this and something more "toy hauler"-ish, but I want to buy in the next couple months. Thanks for the help.

Cheers
justin

There is at least one more of these Netherlands Rail mogs in the US. The other one however is stock (minus the rail gear), it was still for sale last time I checked.

mogwildRW1

Adventurer
Why yes, yes I do. The post is a bit old but AFAIK it is still available. Sorry to hijack the post. The guy that has it is solid, I've done business with him, and well known in the Unimog world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78