ITTOG's Truck Camper Build (was 6' x 12' Trailer Conversion)

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
..... However, It is also a bit difficult to use without some basic storage capabilities.

I like bags, pouches, containers that can hang or snap on or velcrowed up to hold stuff. Boxes are fun too, they can be hung on walls and taken out in seconds with a rack system.

Red and black look good!

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
While I think most of those are cool, I know I would tire of the picture look. For the most part I want it to be subtle so I have requested changes and received them and these are what I am leaning towards.

This would be on the drivers side, as is.

I am leaning towards this one for the passenger side. I will ask him to make the white, less white so it matches the topo map color and isn't so bright. My wife thinks the sides should match. Not sure I agree. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I am leaning towards this one on the back. I can't decide if I want to keep the bear or not. My wife states it should be a deer since I like to see them in the wild and I am taking this hunting. I offered I could put the deer in the bears mouth! I hope no redneck sees this and thinks a bear is coming out of the camper and shoots it. I am also a little concerned I will tire of the bear.
If it were me, I'd want the same design all the way around.

ITTOG

The back and drivers side are set and you can see them below. One thing that isn't shown is I may add a 1" strip on the roof that matches the color of the truck.

back-proof-1-copy-jpg.821675

Side Proof 7 copy.jpg

For the passengers side (yes I know that side isn't shown) I am considering the ones below. Let me know what you think. One thing I did is make sure there is no, or at least very minimal, areas that are just sold black. I don't want that because it will show scratches more.

1. I like this one since it incorporates the topo from the drivers side.
Side Proof 11 copy.jpg

2. A variation of above with the topo showing very clearly in the mountain and tree outlines. The red on the mountains will match the truck. Still have the topo in the black but not as bright as above.
Side Proof 12 copy.jpg

3. Same as above but with a wilderness scene in the mountain and tree outlines.
Side Proof 13 copy.jpg

4. This one uses a forest as a background and the topo as an overlay. This one is interesting because it ties in the drivers side and the back.
Side Proof 14 copy.jpg

This could change but I think the order I am leaning at now is 4, 3, 2, 1. Again, would love to hear from all of you reading this.

Attachments

• Side Proof 10 copy.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The back and drivers side are set and you can see them below. One thing that isn't shown is I may add a 1" strip on the roof that matches the color of the truck.

back-proof-1-copy-jpg.821675

View attachment 822126

For the passengers side (yes I know that side isn't shown) I am considering the ones below. Let me know what you think. One thing I did is make sure there is no, or at least very minimal, areas that are just sold black. I don't want that because it will show scratches more.

1. I like this one since it incorporates the topo from the drivers side.
View attachment 822132

2. A variation of above with the topo showing very clearly in the mountain and tree outlines. The red on the mountains will match the truck. Still have the topo in the black but not as bright as above.
View attachment 822133

3. Same as above but with a wilderness scene in the mountain and tree outlines.
View attachment 822134

4. This one uses a forest as a background and the topo as an overlay. This one is interesting because it ties in the drivers side and the back.
View attachment 822135

This could change but I think the order I am leaning at now is 4, 3, 2, 1. Again, would love to hear from all of you reading this.
I would match the two sides, lol

Snydmax

I tend to lean more abstract for things like this… so while the bears are rad, i would tire of such a realistic image. Also, WHEN you take some chunks out of the wrap, the topo, maps, and abstracted mountains all should be more forgiving in how they show any damage. Of your presented options. I like the grey-on-black versions best as opposed to the stark black&white ones.

Funny to me, you used such a nice black aluminum, just to cover it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITTOG

I tend to lean more abstract for things like this… so while the bears are rad, i would tire of such a realistic image. Also, WHEN you take some chunks out of the wrap, the topo, maps, and abstracted mountains all should be more forgiving in how they show any damage. Of your presented options. I like the grey-on-black versions best as opposed to the stark black&white ones.

Funny to me, you used such a nice black aluminum, just to cover it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah we are thing about this the same. On the bear, I think 80% of the bear is on the door and when I am in camp the door is usually open. So I won't see it a ton.

I decided to wrap it because of two reasons. First is the ACM isn't as strong as I had hoped. So I am now hoping a 6 mil wrap will help add some durability. Second, is the big black camper was a little boring on the big red truck.

Thanks for the input.

Thanks @Pacific Northwest yetti to you as well.

Mules

It won't be boring black for long. I vote for #4 on both sides with the Grizzly on the back. What ever you choose will be great.

By the way, if you take the Grizzly hunting, you might just scare all the deer away!

Kingsize24

Not sure how in the hell I've missed this. Love the camper man. You have done a TREMENDOUS amount of work. 👏 👏 👏

ITTOG

It won't be boring black for long. I vote for #4 on both sides with the Grizzly on the back. What ever you choose will be great.

By the way, if you take the Grizzly hunting, you might just scare all the deer away!
Hmmm, I may have to make a cover for the grizzly during hunting season?

Not sure how in the hell I've missed this. Love the camper man. You have done a TREMENDOUS amount of work. 👏 👏 👏
Welcome to the build thread and thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior