Jack's 2002 Nissan Xterra Build & Adventure Thread

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
It's too bad Xoskel just sort of fell off the face of the earth. I got one of their last products with my old Frontier, a low profile light bar.

He made some cool stuff.

Agreed. It's a shame. I have the front & rear bars and I love them.

Speaking of lights, Jonny inspired me to start rethinking my lighting setup. Instead of the amber LED bar I had plans to install (which is already wired and ready to go), I decided that was going to be far too bright to cut through fog / rain / snow. I'm trying to eliminate glare with a non-white light, and LED is just way too bright for that. Instead, I put some yellow H3 bulbs into my existing PIAA fog lights, and it was surprisingly easy. Mission accomplished.

Oh, and finally put bolts into my NWT license plate after a year of zip-ties :D

IMG_20160212_183322_zpse7cuod5a.jpg

IMG_20160212_183444_zpsbipkecav.jpg

IMG_20160213_172316_zps1fqlnotq.jpg

IMG_20160213_181133_zpsx2vclsvi.jpg

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
Those lights are pretty, man! Any night shots? I want to see how they look behind the lens.

"Adventure is out there."
-Russell, Pixar's Up

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
Thanks guys! I have one more lighting upgrade en route; after that it will hopefully be some new(er) seats. I need a lumbar bad.

hahah, it was worth a shot! New lights look great! Too bad we aren't getting harsher weather in the mitten this year.

Tell me about it. It's been damn near depressing. But it also means one step closer to camping season!

Jonny, your night shots as requested. Headlights first, then headlights & fog lights.

IMG_20160218_214144_zpsjvsihsti.jpg

IMG_20160218_214148_zps8eh3aqiz.jpg

Kinda hard to tell the difference, but for going out on a limb and trying these for $10, I'm very pleased. They were exactly what I wanted - tinted light to cut through fog / rain / snow without being too yellow, too bright, or overbearing. I can't say how long they'll last, but for $10, I'd buy them again.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I can see the difference. Little bit of fill light, like fogs should be.

Talking of seats, I wonder if seats out of the gen 2 Xterra would work. I looooovvvveeee the seats in my Frontier.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
I can see the difference. Little bit of fill light, like fogs should be.

Talking of seats, I wonder if seats out of the gen 2 Xterra would work. I looooovvvveeee the seats in my Frontier.

I've thought about that. I'd love some, but I think they might be too wide. Definitely worth looking into. For now, I'm going to try to snag some leather seats out of one of the newer 1st Gens, like a 2004 model. They have the lumbar dial and my back would be forever grateful.

jonny.jpg

Adventurer
Ha, are those peanut butter pretzels I see? Lol

Also... You mentioned "last". That has to be code for something lol

"Adventure is out there."
-Russell, Pixar's Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78