Jeep NuKaiser: Images and Driving Impression

SGNellett

Adventurer
Jeep should make a pick-up period. J8 or otherwise. Or a re-badged Power Wagon?

To really compete with other pick-ups you need some sort of extra cab option.

I'd love to do a brute conversion to my TJ, but w/ 2 kids, I'd like to figure out a way to close off the whole tub and do the wheel base stretch for a bed and then add the NuKaiser front end!! :smiley_drive:

T>D>C

I'd Buy It

I'm driving a 91 cherokee with 277K miles, saving my pennies for a Ford Raptor. I would redirect those funds to a Nukizer if they came out.

I like it, but what do I know? I fell in love with an FJ40 and a 61 IH 80 on line this morning as well....

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Jeep should make a pick-up period. J8 or otherwise. Or a re-badged Power Wagon?

To really compete with other pick-ups you need some sort of extra cab option.
X2

If it had a bed, I'd want a topper (Hawk-sized) ---- but the cab would need to have room for the dog.

Desert Dan

Explorer
Yep my the dog(s) always ride in the cab or the back seat of SUV type vehicles. A sliding window to a camper shell works for dog whispering and communication.

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
NuKaiser_12.jpg

I must say that I really like the rope.:)

After seeing the concept NuKaiser at EJS this year and talking with the engineers that built it, I really want them to bring the J8 over here for us to have! It was impressive to see the amount of detail work that went into building a concept vehicle, and after hearing about how much work it really takes I was astonished that the MOPAR Underground can produce multiple concepts that will never be produced every year. I wonder how long Chrysler will let this happen?

-Alex

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I must say that I really like the rope.:)

After seeing the concept NuKaiser at EJS this year and talking with the engineers that built it, I really want them to bring the J8 over here for us to have! It was impressive to see the amount of detail work that went into building a concept vehicle, and after hearing about how much work it really takes I was astonished that the MOPAR Underground can produce multiple concepts that will never be produced every year. I wonder how long Chrysler will let this happen?

-Alex

Hey Alex, I think the basis behind the skunkworks operation was that they mostly work on of hours/weekends and they use vehicles and parts that are slated to be thrown away anyways...

At least thats what I heard about the liberator and single cab power wagon projects.

-B

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
mmmmm that would make me stop drooling on the rows and rows of sand coloured 70 series parked up on the way to work !

Must admit though - in a country that only takes 1 hr to get everywhere, the extra offroad capability over my Nissan patrol is only wasted.

To get any further needs a saudi visa

winkosmosis

Explorer
mmmmm that would make me stop drooling on the rows and rows of sand coloured 70 series parked up on the way to work !

Must admit though - in a country that only takes 1 hr to get everywhere, the extra offroad capability over my Nissan patrol is only wasted.

To get any further needs a saudi visa

If I had a Patrol I wouldn't even be looking at Jeep concept vehicles

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
The grass is always greener my son !

actually love my Patrol.....maintenance over 2 years with hard offroading and high speed cross country explorations and desert trails

- oil and filter changes

Lovely !

Ironduff

Observer
Very cool with its echos of Gladiator styling! I love the approach & departure angles. Dunno how practical it'd be to live with day-in and day-out, but the youngster that dwells within me wants one! ;)

I may be the only poster here who once owned & drove two Kaiser sedans... a '51 & a '53, after my folks had owned a '49. The '51 was 'surplus to needs' for my grandparents, so they gave it to me for Christmas when I had just turned 16. Brakes were shot, steering needed overhaul, and Dad, bless his chinchy soul, nixed the deal. I 'owned' it long enough to drive it around the block.... Then I got Mom's '53 blue-over-cream Manhattan a few months later. I had to give it up when some idjit totalled Grandpa's identical one with a just-rebuilt engine in it. He did a motor swap, and kept it going for another 5 years.

Ah, memories....

Jim H.

DeeDee

Observer
lovely muscular car i must say..... after watching the pictures of this beast.... m up for restoration project.... happen to be available in Pakistan.... Army auctioned and in restorable condition.....

x32792

Adventurer
New Concept Jeep Truck?

New Concept Jeep Truck? Heck, I'm still driving the last three Jeep truck concepts. Why would I need a new one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78