Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

DingusKahn

Adventurer
All of the windows zip shut. You do not need a rain fly with this tent. I saw it at OX12 and the tent is very nice.

kb7our

Explorer
All of the windows zip shut. You do not need a rain fly with this tent. I saw it at OX12 and the tent is very nice.

It's coming together very nicely. I understand the silver JKU is #4 to roll off the Habitat line. The weather on Sat for this new venue was perfect. Check out the latest side awning from Nemo. That is Cam the Nemo president next to the red JKU - super nice guy! Also notice not far from Cam on the tarp is the new Nemo foot pump shower.

Habitat08.jpgHabitat03.jpgHabitat04.jpgHabitat05.jpg

Last edited:

jrueppel

Adventurer
Hey that new side awning looks great. Did anybody get more photos of the awning from different angles? And any idea of when they'll be available for the NEMO tops? Wonder if there's still time to modify the shell order....

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Hey that new side awning looks great. Did anybody get more photos of the awning from different angles? And any idea of when they'll be available for the NEMO tops? Wonder if there's still time to modify the shell order....

The NEMO awnings will be available fairly soon and they will come with universal attachment points so that they can be attached to other vehicles & racks besides the Habitat tent. The price has not been set yet however it is expected to be competitive. Provision has been made for walls to be suspended once developed. Not too late to add as a place holder Jeffrey.

Nemo Awn 1.jpgNemo Awn 2.jpgNemo Awn 3.jpgNemo Awn 4.jpg

trump

Adventurist
The NEMO awnings will be available fairly soon and they will come with universal attachment points so that they can be attached to other vehicles & racks besides the Habitat tent. The price has not been set yet however it is expected to be competitive. Provision has been made for walls to be suspended once developed. Not too late to add as a place holder Jeffrey.

Bright blue? I hope they aren't consulting with FRP for color schemes now. :snorkel:

kb7our

Explorer
Please say the Blue is only a prototype or for Marketing purposes only.

What he said. Otherwise, it looked pretty slick in person and packs surprisingly small. I'd go for a reflective coating on top as an option similar to other offerings that look somewhat like this one. Count me in for one with Habitat 11. Mario - missed you at the AT booth on Sat but I did get to say hello to Martyn. The guys said they try to keep you away ;)

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I'm really curious as to why a roof rack could not be employed on the Habitat (j180), while it can on the J30 top. I'm selling my truck and ordering a new Rubicon Unlimited, and weighing my options between the Habitat, J30 and a more expensive (and heavier) Phoenix Pulse camper top. The Habitat looks to be the best overall for having a low profile and lots of interior space, but I'm having trouble thinking that I couldn't throw some yakima towers on and load a light weight kayak on top occasionally. Obviously I would have to unload the kayak to open the top but that would be better than nothing at all!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I'm really curious as to why a roof rack could not be employed on the Habitat (j180), while it can on the J30 top. I'm selling my truck and ordering a new Rubicon Unlimited, and weighing my options between the Habitat, J30 and a more expensive (and heavier) Phoenix Pulse camper top. The Habitat looks to be the best overall for having a low profile and lots of interior space, but I'm having trouble thinking that I couldn't throw some yakima towers on and load a light weight kayak on top occasionally. Obviously I would have to unload the kayak to open the top but that would be better than nothing at all!

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Mario or Martyn to the white courtesy phone please...

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

I'm also thinking about throwing a couple of solar panels on top of the roof, so I'm with you.

The guys that designed this thing have specific tolerances for weight, and basically anything you put on the roof is going to go over that.
They are obviously going to say "It's not designed for that, and we don't recommend or support it. Don't do it".

Of course, if you want to do it, you sure could.

I personally don't think it will be a problem if you take the weight off the roof before you open it, like you mentioned. The racks will weigh a little, but I don't think it will be a problem.

At your own risk, of course.

-Dan

kb7our

Explorer
I'm also thinking about throwing a couple of solar panels on top of the roof, so I'm with you.

The guys that designed this thing have specific tolerances for weight, and basically anything you put on the roof is going to go over that.
They are obviously going to say "It's not designed for that, and we don't recommend or support it. Don't do it".

Of course, if you want to do it, you sure could.

I personally don't think it will be a problem if you take the weight off the roof before you open it, like you mentioned. The racks will weigh a little, but I don't think it will be a problem.

At your own risk, of course.

-Dan

I wonder if adjustable torsion is a future offering possibility without getting too crazy on the cost? Perhaps a couple of different torsion bar options like 10-20 extra lbs, 30-40, etc. Then when you think about doing something like this once you remove the item being stowed on the top you end up with over torsion when using the unit which then might over stress things when attempting to close. Cetainly not an impossible challenge (how about dial in your own on the fly?) but lots to consider due to inherent design issues. That's where i suppose the J30 style of pop-up comes into consideration if you really NEED something up top and can handle the trade off.

Last edited:

Hamm

Looks awesome! Keep up the great work! Is it possible for customers to request or supply alternative tent fabrics/materials?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan