Jeff's Cargo Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnieev

Hey Jeff-

Amazing build! Really gives a person great ideas.

In regards to the awning, would you consider putting a Foxwing on the trailer instead of the awning you did?

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I still love this trailer with the exception of the crappy attention to detail in the cabinetry... Jeff, let me take it of your hands and fix it! I'll get it back to you quickly... I promise!:elkgrin:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Hey Jeff-

Amazing build! Really gives a person great ideas.

In regards to the awning, would you consider putting a Foxwing on the trailer instead of the awning you did?

After this weekend being out in the desert at So Cal Desert Rendezvous, I would say NO WAY! My awning sets up in seconds, and I mean seconds. Does not need to be tied down, but you can if you want. We saw several awnings getting blown away and one was folded into a bundle. A lot of times where I camp, the ground won't hold a stake. I am though, making a mount that will swing an awning that will be mounted on the drivers side, so you can put it off the back over the kitchen. It is made in Australia but not imported to the USA. Could have used it this weekend.

Thanks.
Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
I still love this trailer with the exception of the crappy attention to detail in the cabinetry... Jeff, let me take it of your hands and fix it! I'll get it back to you quickly... I promise!:elkgrin:

That's funny, because I had several people this weekend asking to purchase the trailer. But now that I think of it, none of them said anything about fixing anything.
You must just have a very keen eye.

Jeff

alia176

Explorer
Well done Jeff, kudos. Any thought given to a 6' awning over your galley area? You can have the legs go back to the back end of the trailer. And if the weather gets really knarly, one of those add-a-room velcroed to the awning will make for a nice place to cook.

crismateski

American Adventurist
That's funny, because I had several people this weekend asking to purchase the trailer. But now that I think of it, none of them said anything about fixing anything.
You must just have a very keen eye.

Jeff

I was one of the mentioned offers. I dont want Jeff to change a thing, it would already be out of my price range, if he makes it better there is no way I can buy it off him :coffeedrink:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
This is what I am going to copy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3uGdhkh4_k0

I am not going to sell the mounts and there are no distributors here in the USA. Also, I think I can make it a little better.

Well done Jeff, kudos. Any thought given to a 6' awning over your galley area? You can have the legs go back to the back end of the trailer. And if the weather gets really knarly, one of those add-a-room velcroed to the awning will make for a nice place to cook.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Loose ends

Finally getting around to tying up some loose ends. Redid the door seals. When I first got the trailer useable, I installed the quick connect for the stoves propane next to the refrigerators slide. So I figured it was time to do it right. Added a small access panel and spun the disconnect around. I want it to be sealed so I am trying some different sealing material around the perimeter.
photo-46.jpg

Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Attachment point

I intended from the begininning to have some sort of attachment point at the rear in case the trailer slid sideways off of the trail. I took a section of receiver tubing and sectioned it into the rear most joist and extended it all the way to the next floor joist. The receiver pin is up under the trailer. I would not air lift the trailer by the shackle, but it should be exactly what I need in a pinch.
photo-47.jpg

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78