JemmyJack: New Jack from Rasta4x4

Scott Brady

Founder
Rasta 4x4 sent me an early production model of their new jack... This unit is wild, and totally unconventional - but it works.

The detailed review and test is on the home page, here:

JemmyJack_Jack-up.JPG

haven

Expedition Leader
I'm skeptical about this jack on a surface with lower resistance than gravel, like snow or sand. Wouldn't the jack continue to slide as the vehicle moved back? Would it work on asphalt or concrete?

My apologies if these questions are answered in the video. It's taking forever to download.

Chip Haven

soonenough

Explorer
That's a pretty sweet concept. Very few moving parts, and no seals/o-rings/etc to wear out over time like a hydraulic jack.

Two questions - First, how well do you think it would work on the pavement? For some reason I see the car just pushing it across the concrete instead of it developing enough friction to grip the ground and allow the rear axle to raise up.

Second, any info on pricing/availability? I'd searched on Google and couldn't pull up anything about it.

EDIT: haven beat me to it; I also couldn't get the video to come up :confused:

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Interesting jack. Nice write up. Did you test it on concrete or loose gravel ?
I can see in dirt it would help when it digs into the dirt to stop it from slipping,but what about gravel and concrete slippage?
And price would be a consideration , too.

edit : what video ?

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
video is timing out on a slow download...
the text sounds interesting & I look forward to hearing more

Scott Brady

Founder
The video is a very big file. I will try a smaller size and post up.

Chip. I do not think it will work at all in soft sand or snow.

AndrewP

Explorer
It's sort of cool, but it depends on your truck being mobile. That isn't always the case. A simple bottle jack, like the Toyota mechanical one, is better in every respect except speed. Plus you'd have to lug this one around for the rare time it might be appropriate to use. It isn't worth it. This is more like a jack stand, then a jack. It would not work in snow, or any really loose surface.

Now this same idea, combined with a mechanical screw jack, would be cool.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I can see it acting as a good safety support jack (jack stand) out on the trail. IE jack the vehicle up with you highlift and use the JemmyJack before you crawl under the vehicle. Kudos to them for the innovation :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998