Jk build

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Will not be doing any rock stuff or river fording just dirt/gravel fire roads desert roads lots hwy as well 35 would be 2 big i think just want nice ride and keep it simple

Then some Cooper ST 255/85-16 on a set of 16" wheels would be perfect. At most a set of 3/4" poly spacers on top of the springs to clear the last bit of rub on the fenders.
No frills but first-cabin at the same time.

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
The Jeep Wrangler "Overland" concept built by the Mopar Underground design team and show at this year's Easter Jeep Safari is a good example of a mild build of a Wrangler Unlimited.

wrangeler-overland.jpg

Here are a couple of higher resolution photos
http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/09april/jeep_overland.asp

interior:
remove rear seat
rubber floor mats front and rear
water resistant front seat covers
Daystar dash and switch panel

internal "roll bar" to support roof rack
photos of the roll bar here http://forum.jkboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=7603&sid=008fedc917025413f2a9dcf043e90788

hardtop roof painted to match the body
rooftop rack and awning
roof-mounted tent

Mopar 2.5 inch suspension lift
I think this is made by Rough Country. Other JK 2.5 inch lift kits
are available from Skyjacker and Teraflex

heavy duty rear sway bar by Full-Traction

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A 35 inch tires
17 inch Mopar steel wheels, painted to match the body
probably should install 4.88 gears for the taller tires

AEV front bumper with winch plate
Warn 9.5ti winch

custom rear bumper with tire swing-away mount

AEV heat reduction hood and snorkel

Mopar windshield-mounted off-road lights
Daystar bumper mounted lights

sweet, i just saw this jeep buzzing around Pasadena

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
Then some Cooper ST 255/85-16 on a set of 16" wheels would be perfect. At most a set of 3/4" poly spacers on top of the springs to clear the last bit of rub on the fenders.
No frills but first-cabin at the same time.

I agree with this. If you don't plan to rock crawl or do some of the more up and down trails that high center us 4 door guys then a stock JK with some used Rubicon wheels and tires or a plain Rubicon will do you fine. I do play on the rocks and my 4 door Rubicon with a few skids added and a 2.5" TF Budget Boost lift has made it possible to do A LOT of obstacles.

I say for your needs:
-stock Rubicon (or get some 32" mud terrains on a lower model).
-front bumper and winch.
-rear bumper (with a place to hold a highlift maybe).
-then to keep ride height about level get some ¾” spacers.
-aux lights.
-if you want a step, invest in rock rails that stick out so you can have a step, protection and a highlift jack point all in one.
-you can never go wrong adding skid plates even if all you think you will do it gravel roads. One hole in an oil pan, bent driveshaft, ripping off the evap canister, could be the difference in a night camping in the Jeep or hiking out vs making it home.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
-if you want a step, invest in rock rails that stick out so you can have a step, protection and a highlift jack point all in one.
I saw the RR rail/steps the other day on Kenny's JK --- I forgot to check if they mount to the frame...
They looked like a good alternative to the stock plastic step...

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:I've got a set of Olympic sliders on my JK and they stickout about 8" and have flat spots underneath, fore and aft, to use the Hi-Lift-it works

They don't attach to the frame, but they're heavy duty and will support the jeep on it's side

:smiley_drive::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Bigjerm

SE Expedition Society
I saw the RR rail/steps the other day on Kenny's JK --- I forgot to check if they mount to the frame...
They looked like a good alternative to the stock plastic step...

I had them on my 2 door. The bolt to the frame at the same place the tub bolts to the frame. The studs are already there so drilling required. The 4 door uses the same 2 mount points and at first I figure that would be a little to spread out but people are giving good reviews.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan