JK Dual Battery Tray Isolator Install - Anyone done it?

I now have the Genesis kit. I must say the quality is top notch. All of the wiring looks well executed and everything seems to fit. Looks to be standard black powdercoat and I see no manufacturing issues so far. Pics to come in the morning. This battery tray will require even more cutting than the MORE kit, it looks like to fuse block is moved from the OEM plastic cradle to a portion of the Genesis box that has the tabs built in. I better look over the install info before I get too excited and cut something I shouldn't. So far so good
I am in the market for the MORE kit if you are planning to sell it pm me

Houston JK

So here are some pics.And a few observations. 1. It looks like used good Made in USA welding cables for the jumpers they made. I was wondering if they cheaped out here, looks like they did go. All the hardware is stainless which is good. And it looks lilke thy planned ahead for my wiring and installed grommets and locations for all the wires to go to hook to the terminals. so far so good, we shall see how it goes this weekend. This thing looks to have much more design/engineering put into it.

lysol

Explorer
On a side note for the Genesis kit, you can order just the battery tray from them for less. You will have to punch out the sunk bolts for their isolator though.

lysol

Explorer
So here are some pics.And a few observations. 1. It looks like used good Made in USA welding cables for the jumpers they made. I was wondering if they cheaped out here, looks like they did go. All the hardware is stainless which is good. And it looks lilke thy planned ahead for my wiring and installed grommets and locations for all the wires to go to hook to the terminals. so far so good, we shall see how it goes this weekend. This thing looks to have much more design/engineering put into it.

Are you going to be installing a switch for the solenoid inside your cab? Also, what type of batteries are you going to put in? Are you going to use an AGM?

Houston JK

So I took the old MORE tray out yesterday and installed the Genesis kit. Everything went as planned and I'm impressed with the Genesis kit. So a brief summary of how it went. Took the old tray out and hacked off the portion where the fuse block went.The MORE tray used the OEM plastic portion still, the Genesis kit only keeps the small portion that holds the stock airbox. The OEM plastic is ribbed pretty extensivly so it should be fine holding the little air box. On both trays you have to grind down the bolts on the firewall, Genesis does not include little caps, these are just $.25 caps from Lowes, but the MORE kit had them so I reused them. The most noteable thing besides the obvious isolator installed on top is the battery clamp. A bolted down top plate is much better than the straps from the MORE kit. With the MORE kit I was able to slide the batteries aroound in the tray a little. This is probably not a big deal but I didn't like it. The wiring installed from Genesis is top notch, all the clamps fit and the cables were installed with good quality terminals.

A side note, I have the hood popper kit (Teraflex). I had to flip the struts over b/c the fat part of the strut was VERY close to the positive terminal ring thing they include. Once it was flipped I had a inch or so of clearance and since they are all bolted in place I'm not too worried.

I will post some pics of it installed tonight. The pics on my phone looks like crap so I need to take out the camera.

lysol

Explorer
So I took the old MORE tray out yesterday and installed the Genesis kit. Everything went as planned and I'm impressed with the Genesis kit. So a brief summary of how it went. Took the old tray out and hacked off the portion where the fuse block went.The MORE tray used the OEM plastic portion still, the Genesis kit only keeps the small portion that holds the stock airbox. The OEM plastic is ribbed pretty extensivly so it should be fine holding the little air box. On both trays you have to grind down the bolts on the firewall, Genesis does not include little caps, these are just $.25 caps from Lowes, but the MORE kit had them so I reused them. The most noteable thing besides the obvious isolator installed on top is the battery clamp. A bolted down top plate is much better than the straps from the MORE kit. With the MORE kit I was able to slide the batteries aroound in the tray a little. This is probably not a big deal but I didn't like it. The wiring installed from Genesis is top notch, all the clamps fit and the cables were installed with good quality terminals.

A side note, I have the hood popper kit (Teraflex). I had to flip the struts over b/c the fat part of the strut was VERY close to the positive terminal ring thing they include. Once it was flipped I had a inch or so of clearance and since they are all bolted in place I'm not too worried.

I will post some pics of it installed tonight. The pics on my phone looks like crap so I need to take out the camera.

Also, are you planning on installing an in-cab switch?

Houston JK

An in cab switch for what? The only additional input the isolator has is for the remote status LED which I can't get to work for some reason. I only see 12mV instead of 12v. I need to call Geneseis and ask.

BWickett

Observer
This thread has nudged me to bite the bullet and pick up the Genesis kit. I've been lugging around one of those Duracell power packs (which has actually served us well) for occasional need. Since the install of our winch, I knew it would be a nice addition, but always had second thoughts when it came to pulling the cash out.

I was looking at the M.O.R.E. kit for a while, but the strap didn't sit well with me either and after watching their video on the install, i wasn't completely sold/inclined to do it.

Didn't even know about Genesis or their kit, so I'm glad I stumbled into this post.

Ordered the Genesis kit to work with two Odyssey batteries (that i sourced locally). Going for the install this weekend when everything arrives. Putting this into my '13 JKUR.

lysol

Explorer
An in cab switch for what? The only additional input the isolator has is for the remote status LED which I can't get to work for some reason. I only see 12mV instead of 12v. I need to call Geneseis and ask.

in cab switch to manually "combine" the batteries. I want to say that there is a way to actuate their solenoid manually without having to pop the hood.

Houston JK

I will look into, not sure if I can combine them with another switch. The boost switch combines them, but only for 1 minutes based on what I understand. I did finally figure out how to get the remote status LED to work after I downloaded the instructions from Cole Hersee. Everything seems to work like a charm 1 week in, pics tonight!

lysol

Explorer
I will look into, not sure if I can combine them with another switch. The boost switch combines them, but only for 1 minutes based on what I understand. I did finally figure out how to get the remote status LED to work after I downloaded the instructions from Cole Hersee. Everything seems to work like a charm 1 week in, pics tonight!

It's tonight... lol.

Houston JK

u6a4ytyq.jpg

yna3uzus.jpg

Let's see if this works.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well I built my own set up using the M.O.R.E. Tray maybe this will offer an idea.

Edit: I see you went with a different set up all together very nice I almost went that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman