JK/J8 Flippac rumor??

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Haha! We couldn't get the torsional rated duct tape, it was all bought up before the Baja 1000.

Bob599

Observer
New top looks great! Is this what the new flipac for trucks will look like?

Really excited about not needing a rain fly.

Ursa Minor

Which window provides the exterior entrance for a ladder?

Technically, none of these windows in this version are entrances. I didn't drop in the entrance flaps, as there are still a few changes in the measurements and some of the details of the sewing. Every cycle there's a few less wrinkles, literally and figuratively. The entrances will be above the front doors on either side in the next one. - Cheers, John

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
Technically, none of these windows in this version are entrances. I didn't drop in the entrance flaps, as there are still a few changes in the measurements and some of the details of the sewing. Every cycle there's a few less wrinkles, literally and figuratively. The entrances will be above the front doors on either side in the next one. - Cheers, John

Thanks for the update. Between the form and function of the robust design (no rainfly needed), the window awnings, new skirting to keep water out of the channels, excellent fabric, dual entrances, etc. it's all adding up and appears that you guys are dialing this one in "very" nicely. Now if you are able to add in a screened roll back skylight section similar to the Technitop within the price point and design parameters that would be the cat's meow. Keep up the great work - it will be worth the wait as I could use a few less wrinkles myself!!!!

Wade

Last edited:

wantabee

OK guys and gals this is killing me.

"Show Me Your Photos" :victory:

My JK is sitting in the driveway ready for one of these things; but I would love to see some photos of what other peoples looks like.

Swordsedge

Need more pics and movies!

Just bought a JK Rubicon and would love to get one of these! Any chance of more videos with the updated tent design?

Great work! Keep it up!

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The J8/AT Habitat was at Tierra Del Sol last weekend, it will be at the SoCal Rendezvous 18th -19-20th March.

We are working toward the Overland Expo at the beginning of April for our next big event. Until then it's noses to the grindstone getting everything ready. Sorry no time for video updates until after OVX.

suntinez

Explorer
I finally got to crawl around in the habitat and I gotta say, it's pretty freaking awesome. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really liked it. It feels HUGE in there, and very comfortable.

Nice house for a little ole jeep, good job AT :elkgrin:

DSC_0194.jpg

J8habitat.jpg

J8stuart.jpg

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
How's production progressing?

How are things progressing to get the first production Habitats completed? Also, when can we anticipate a fully carbon fiber "AT Overland" anniversary edition? :coffeedrink:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears