JK tire carriers- Tera-flex vs AEV?

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Ha ha ha! Its impressive to see what the setup can hold! to funny 5'8" 230 here. ha ha...
ok, so we're about the same weight, I'm just stretched out a little further.. Here you go...

225lbGorillaTest_zps03lisoqq.jpg

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Hi Jeff, sorry for the OT but do you have a contact at Morryde, that I could send an e-mail to?

I wanna buy the HD hinges and the tailgate reinforcement. Since the vendors don't ship overseas I contacted the Morryde sales team through their website, but haven't got an answer.

Would be great if you could help.

Thanks!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Hi Jeff, sorry for the OT but do you have a contact at Morryde, that I could send an e-mail to?

I wanna buy the HD hinges and the tailgate reinforcement. Since the vendors don't ship overseas I contacted the Morryde sales team through their website, but haven't got an answer.

Would be great if you could help.

Thanks!

Ryan Wertz (ryan.wertz@morryde.com) is your man. I hear he's been out of the country and just got back to the office Monday so he may still be catching up. They have shipped overseas to other customers, so hopefully he'll be able to help you out.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Ryan Wertz (ryan.wertz@morryde.com) is your man. I hear he's been out of the country and just got back to the office Monday so he may still be catching up. They have shipped overseas to other customers, so hopefully he'll be able to help you out.
Thanks a lot! :wavey:

TeraFlex

A few things to consider. Did you know that TeraFlex had a 100,000 load cycle and a 14,000 open/close slam test done to it? Also a 1,000 hour salt spray testing was done for extra credit.

jscherb, funny how you look like the rep from Morryde that I've seen at shows to me.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
A few things to consider. Did you know that TeraFlex had a 100,000 load cycle and a 14,000 open/close slam test done to it? Also a 1,000 hour salt spray testing was done for extra credit.
That's impressive!

jscherb, funny how you look like the rep from Morryde that I've seen at shows to me.

I am not a MORryde employee or a MORryde rep, but you may have seen me around - I was at the SEMA Show in November and at Easter Jeep Safari, those are the only shows/Jeep Events I've managed to get to in the past year.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
J. I am a staunch supporter of Teraflex. I would have bought the rear gate brace if I needed a mentally strong solution for hanging my massive tires etc off of. I needed a hinge replacement as my stockers were shot. The MorRydes are great for that. I don't have to spend 500 plus, but get a great solution. I do love the TF version as well...but at the time, the costs were too high for me. I think either way you cannot loose.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
J. I am a staunch supporter of Teraflex. I would have bought the rear gate brace if I needed a mentally strong solution for hanging my massive tires etc off of. I needed a hinge replacement as my stockers were shot. The MorRydes are great for that. I don't have to spend 500 plus, but get a great solution. I do love the TF version as well...but at the time, the costs were too high for me. I think either way you cannot loose.

Agreed, the Teraflex is an excellent product. You can't go wrong with it.

da10A

Adventurer
I know that the reason for the AEV to be uncentered is to allow 37 inch tire to clear access to the tailgate handle.... With this said, since a lot of people have a problem with the looks of the uncentered tires, I don't see why AEV have yet to come up with a bracket similar to the spare tire relocators to center a 33 or 35 inch tire with their carriers..... Seems obvious to me...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jakes01234

Explorer
I had the morryde hinges in my TJ and I loved them. Had a 35 on steel wheel hanging off the back along with a trasharoo and some recovery gear. Never an issue and it sure was bounced around. I hung off the door (250) while it was open with all the stuff on and the had minimal deflection but a bunch of suspension movement hahaha.
Can't go wrong with either but I would order the morryde if a jk pops into my garage.

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
I know that the reason for the AEV to be uncentered is to allow 37 inch tire to clear access to the tailgate handle.... With this said, since a lot of people have a problem with the looks of the uncentered tires, I don't see why AEV have yet to come up with a bracket similar to the spare tire relocators to center a 33 or 35 inch tire with their carriers..... Seems obvious to me...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I feel there's plenty of clearance for a 37 on the Teraflex carrier.
When my 37x13.5.17 Toyo MT was new:

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
I just received my complete kit of HD hinges, reinforcement kit and tire carrier today. Hopefully will be undertaking the installation on Sunday. I will post some pictures early next week.

tlbeach, Where did you get this from? The dealer list appears to be RV guys (which is fine), but I'd rather support Expo/Jeep community. I'm headed this route with the jscherb tire carrier + Titan Fuel Tank...

Septu

Explorer
tlbeach, Where did you get this from? The dealer list appears to be RV guys (which is fine), but I'd rather support Expo/Jeep community. I'm headed this route with the jscherb tire carrier + Titan Fuel Tank...

I talked to morryde and they gave me a company to use... however it's been over two weeks and after responding to the first email I've never heard back from them. Will probably just end up dealing directly with MorRyde (which is what I had to do with the hinges last summer). I'm more than fine with supporting a company directly that's making these awesome parts in North America. Also just ordered the Titan Tank from Northridge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78