JK Unlimited Expedition Build

moto-treks

On the road
Have you noticed the road noise go down now that it's lined?

Put the top and doors back on the JKU and drove it a bit. I'd say there is less noise then with just the bare tub and no the rear seat but maybe still more then when carpeted and with the rear seat. If I put the rear seat in I'm guessing it would be as good as stock. I notice the least amount of road notice when the rear is loaded with gear.

I wanted to get rid of the carpets and still have some sort of protection for the tub. This accomplishes that as well as provides a nonslip surface. It's also softer on the knees when crawling around in the back :)

moto-treks

On the road
The RTT finally arrived

The RTT arrived and I spent Saturday morning mounting it onto the JKU

i-kGX863C.jpg

Last edited:

moto-treks

On the road
Next up is a lift. I'm thinking about the OME 2" or the AEV 2". I've read a lot of good things about both. Decisions, decisions, decisions

In same boat and researching both myself, I like the abikity to go wit h stiffer rear springs in OME but the AEV lift handles well as well. My jeep is a sport model and with it loaded down it is squishy so I was kind of leaning towards the OME hd rears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

moto-treks

On the road
What size tires are you planning on running Moto?

RTT looks great. What size is that? It looks gigantic.

No larger than 33s but both kits can handle 35s

The RTT is the smaller 1.4m size but yes, it looks large. Maybe it's the T-top and extra room that makes it look bigger.

We lived in a 2 person backpack tent for 6 months a few years back and that extra room on the RTT will be luxury.

moto-treks

On the road
In same boat and researching both myself, I like the abikity to go wit h stiffer rear springs in OME but the AEV lift handles well as well. My jeep is a sport model and with it loaded down it is squishy so I was kind of leaning towards the OME hd rears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My thoughts too. I leaning toward the AEV and then, if needed, put on OME HD (300kg) rear springs

greater mn

My thoughts too. I leaning toward the AEV and then, if needed, put on OME HD (300kg) rear springs

Just put the AEV 2.5 this last weekend... got a bit more lift than anticipated. However I haven't added the additional weight of bumpers, winch and rack.

Before:
photo(2).jpg

After:
photo(1).jpg

moto-treks

On the road
Nice looking jeep

I pulled the trigger on the 2.5 AEV after talking to Dave at Northridge 4x4. If the springs sag too much then I'll just add the 300kg OME springs before we start the big trip. I'd thought about doing this even if I when with the OME kit.

greater mn

Nice looking jeep

I pulled the trigger on the 2.5 AEV after talking to Dave at Northridge 4x4. If the springs sag too much then I'll just add the 300kg OME springs before we start the big trip. I'd thought about doing this even if I when with the OME kit.

Cool... got my lift from Dave as well... Northridge is great to work with. If your putting on yourself shoot me a PM if you have Q's... no expert here, but my mind is still fresh from learning the hardway on some items on the install. Nothing major, the instructions on AEVs website are pretty current and accurate... but sometimes the purpose of doing things is unclear. In any case... feel free to give me a shout if you have Q's.

moto-treks

On the road
Cool... got my lift from Dave as well... Northridge is great to work with. If your putting on yourself shoot me a PM if you have Q's... no expert here, but my mind is still fresh from learning the hardway on some items on the install. Nothing major, the instructions on AEVs website are pretty current and accurate... but sometimes the purpose of doing things is unclear. In any case... feel free to give me a shout if you have Q's.

Thanks greater mn, I just am do that. I've downloaded the install manuals off AEV's website and given them a quick look over but nothing in detail yet. Also reviewed a few of the threads on the install process but ya just never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998