John Mayer into overlanding what!!!

Honu

lost on the mainland
or she would not recognize him out of his element and think its just some guy and kinda ignore him :)

How unbelievable would it be to have him at a campsite, strumming the guitar, singing some songs and sippin a few bevys. Epic camping trip! My daughter would absolutely melt!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Now I have "your body is a wonderland" stuck in my head.

I hope John bought it to use it, not just for the bling factor. If this is true, "He has a ranch some nice land rovers, collects classic watches and uses classic film Leicas" then maybe he will get out with that rig.

psykokid

Explorer
He had some pics of the earthroamer at Joshua Tree in his instagram feed with a recording rig setup inside. So far it looks like he's using it as intended..

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Of course he's using it as intended. What, Just because he's a recording artist, he does not have other passions? I laugh at others sometimes. For the real mayer music grab a listen to JMT. or have a look at the live DVD from LA. Some very great guitar playing in that whole performance.

Keyne

Adventurer
Saw this video a while ago... Much better than that Wonderland stuff. He jammed d for some Berklee school of music students impromptu... I have heard without the hype he is a pretty cool guy that really loves to play guitar. Also heard at the height of his stardom he went off the grid for several months/year and bummed around New Orleans playing with locals to learn more blues.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U-MAYC4k15Y

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
He had some pics of the earthroamer at Joshua Tree in his instagram feed with a recording rig setup inside.

Now that is cool, an EarthRoamer with a sound studio inside. I wonder if there were any special details in the build of the camper to keep ambient noise down.

Ripper

Adventurer
For those of you who are bagging his music. Check out John Mayer Trio. Incredible stuff. Really showcases his true talent, a Blues musician.

Clutch

<---Pass
For those of you who are bagging his music. Check out John Mayer Trio. Incredible stuff. Really showcases his true talent, a Blues musician.

Not my bag, worked at place that the owner loved Mayer...would play his crap over and over and over....have grown to have a great disdain towards his music. Mayer...blues??? Bah.

Give me some Junior Kimbrough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman