Just Bought My First Toyota: A 2008 Tacoma Access Cab

surlydiesel

Adventurer
Yea. On my 08 the TSB got me a 4 leaf pack and bilstein shocks on all 4 corners. Remarkable improvement. I also put on some helper springs on the new leafs right away to make sure they didn't get flattened out too quick. Now that I'm driving a 2007 at work, I do miss the size/width of the cab. If feels cavernous compared to the 01. I've used 4 low a few times recently and it pops right in. Remember to cycle it often to make sure the mechanisms don't get seized up.

You're making me miss my 08 now...keep the updates coming!!!

-jorge

carbon60

Explorer
This model is a real option to replace my 80 when the cancer finally kills her.

I don't tow, is there a reason not to get the 4-cylinder?

Can you seat a man, boy and woman?

A.

Jeff H

Adventurer
This model is a real option to replace my 80 when the cancer finally kills her.

I don't tow, is there a reason not to get the 4-cylinder?

Can you seat a man, boy and woman?

A.
My last 4x4 was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 V8 and I honestly don't feel the 2.7 is lacking any power. Quite honestly I feel its perfect with the 5 spd.

There should be plenty of room for two adults and a child in the access cab but the back seats are not very comfortable for adults.

carbon60

Explorer
My last 4x4 was a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 4.7 V8 and I honestly don't feel the 2.7 is lacking any power. Quite honestly I feel its perfect with the 5 spd.

That's been my own instinct, but I've read so many posts about lack of power that I worry.

There should be plenty of room for two adults and a child in the access cab but the back seats are not very comfortable for adults.

I assume the "boy" riding in the back can't require a child seat, right?

Is the front not a bench?

Last edited:

Warhead

Adventurer
What is your real world MPG? Been thinking of picking up the same truck for a DD, I drive 60 miles a day all highway.

Jeff H

Adventurer
That's been my own instinct, but I've read so many posts about lack of power that I worry.

I assume the "boy" riding in the back can't require a child seat, right?

Is the front not a bench?

The front seats are buckets and I do believe I've seen pictures of child seats in the rear. I currently don't have any kids so I haven't looked into it.

Last edited:

Jeff H

Adventurer
What is your real world MPG? Been thinking of picking up the same truck for a DD, I drive 60 miles a day all highway.

My last highway trip I got about 380 miles and used about 17.5 gal so my average was around 21.7mpg with mostly highway driving. I've been getting close to 18mpg in the city with lots of stop and go.

nucktaco

Adventurer
wow truck looks great. its amazing what a difference some bigger tires and cleaning can do to change the look of the truck.

TacomaJack09

Observer

I've been averaging 24.3 in the summer months and around 21 in the winter. Mostly stock with the addition of All Terrain tires, Camper Shell, and front Bilsteins set at .85 to level it out. I'm mostly a conservative driver but do hammer it down at times to get into traffic and whatnot.

bimmeryota

Observer
Nice truck! Don't see too many simpler versions of the newer trucks. Back in the day those were the ones to buy so you had more money for mods. Too bad you had to let the e30 go, those are awesome cars too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12